Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,724 Posts
I use one of these in mine, didn't plumb it in as I wanted it mobile, si it sits in the draws at the rear, I did a lot of research and after buying I tested it out with great results, used it many times. The idea was to buy something practical, not the most expensive just durable and effective. I did however cut off the screw on fitting and replace it with a clip on, much more gooderer. There could well be better ones around now.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,724 Posts
Tanks are really meant for a surge, like if you have replaced/repaired a tyre on the side of a road, but there are other ways around that.
I've had this for 6 years now, where you wish to store it will effect the size of the unit you buy. I should have added one more point in why I bought this, it was also not the most powerful, but put all its performance points into one package and I think I bought very well.
That unit looks OK, twin head. where your going to fit it will govern.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,724 Posts
Thank you GYT and dkril.

I have just read reviews of your dr air flow pro unit.

a few statements refer to inaccurate gauge readings from the supplied gauge. I see this is a common concern stated amongst many other portable units. Why do the supplied guages have this common issue / concern?

Grunge
I never believe gauges outside of the one I carry, only use them as a guide, most gauges aren't very robust these days. I've got to get a good gauge for the gun I have on my big shed compressor, current one is 5 psi out, no big deal really as I always check with my good gauge, BTW I never trust garage gauges either.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,724 Posts
Interesting. That’s great to know.

Is the use of gloves often applied for hot disconnects?

the latest “150l/m Dr Air FLow Pro” Compresor is housed inside a steel army like container.

I don’t think it is supposed to be extracted from this steel box during use to mitigate the risk of burns.

your thoughts on this design?

Grunge
In my vid I actually comment about the low heat mine produces, sure they will get hot after a lot of use but by the time I wrap up hose etc, it is cool enough to pack.
Checking with separate gauge doesn't worry me, I just want tyres set to correct level.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,724 Posts
Yes, great points to consider.

Geeyoutoo what is the brand of that smaller hand held gauge you use to confirm the pressure?

Grunge
Will let you know tomorrow.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,724 Posts
Yes, great points to consider.

Geeyoutoo what is the brand of that smaller hand held gauge you use to confirm the pressure?

Grunge
Sorry for delay, this is what I have, 2 of them, one in car and one in shed, they come with a case. Had them for many years but cannot remember where I bought them. Mine came with cases.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts