Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am wanting to put an under bonnet air compressor in my 2009 wagon but the only convenient spot is taken up with ABS pipework and paraphenalia.

Any sugggestions for positioning will be much appreciated ( I would prefer engine bay).

Cheers and beers.

·
Registered
nissan
57 Posts
I think in cabin is the best, dust, under the bonnet ?
Greetings

·
Registered
nissan patrol
325 Posts
I agree..I've got mine under the passenger seat and I reckon its the best place. ARB prefer it there away from dust and water etc and the air con once turned on cools it as well

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
I made a bracket and mounted it on one of the bolts that hold the 3rd of seats on passenger side, just behind the back seat, and ran an airline under the back seat, which you access when the rear passenger door is opened. My 3rd of seats have removed.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Mine is bolted to the rear face of the aux battery tray. Fits very neatly in the space left betwen the Aux battery and the ABS

·
Registered
nissan
235 Posts
Mine is bolted to the rear face of the aux battery tray. Fits very neatly in the space left betwen the Aux battery and the ABS
ARB recommended that spot for under the bonnet but they said under drivers seat is better.

I ended up going under drivers seat, clean, not too noisy, heat is not an issue and easy access. Only drawback so far is pumping tyres in the rain.

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
When I had my air lockers and compressor fitted, I assumed they would fit the compressor in the passengers side rear corner of the engine bay, perfect position. When I picked it up, and saw it wasnt fitted there, I asked, and was told they used to fit them there, but had some problems with brackets fatiguing off, so moved placement to under the drivers seat.

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
is there enough room under the ST-L front seats with the electric adjutment stuff?

jamie

·
Registered
177 Posts
is there enough room under the ST-L front seats with the electric adjutment stuff?

jamie

Yes Jamie there is, I have an ST-L. In front of the aircompressor is the Satnav computer. As stated above the only drawback is if it is raining but then I have an awning as well.

Cheers Jas

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
There was a thread on here a while ago where somebody had fitted there compressor behind the left hand side interior panel in the cargo area it was neat as and once all put back together you'd never know it was there. Was a very good use of space that you wouldn't really think was there. I can't for the life of me find it though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have mine on my drawers inbetween the left hand side trim and the drawer wall - in the void left by the wheel seat support. I have my inverter in the wheel arch behind the trim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts