Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the bearing number for the air con compressor in a td42
i would like to get the new one befor i remove the old one & finish the job all at once thanks

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Is the bearing noisy I was told mine was a couple of yrs ago by NB Industries, they give me a price to replace the whole unit so I checked it myself it was the tension pulley bearing.

·
Every dog has his day
18,158 Posts
It’s a bugger of a job, bearing not cheap either, about $90 a few years ago.

Took it off, down to bearing joint, replaced it, still a same day job easy but I didn’t keep details of part number.

Having said that I’m 95% sure it’s on here somewhere if you’re patient with search.

Also it matters which air con you have, the old sanden type or the newer type, not sure what year they changed.

To be sure it’s better to take bearing out first to ensure you get correct one.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s a bugger of a job, bearing not cheap either, about $90 a few years ago.

Took it off, down to bearing joint, replaced it, still a same day job easy but I didn’t keep details of part number.

Having said that I’m 95% sure it’s on here somewhere if you’re patient with search.

Also it matters which air con you have, the old sanden type or the newer type, not sure what year they changed.

To be sure it’s better to take bearing out first to ensure you get correct one.
i did my gu on the car about 3 years ago it is a bugger but bearing was only $20 & dont need to pay for regas

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the bearing noisy I was told mine was a couple of yrs ago by NB Industries, they give me a price to replace the whole unit so I checked it myself it was the tension pulley bearing.
it is the ac unit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts