Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the bearing number for the air con compressor in a td42
i would like to get the new one befor i remove the old one & finish the job all at once thanks

·
Registered
nissan
1,678 Posts
Is the bearing noisy I was told mine was a couple of yrs ago by NB Industries, they give me a price to replace the whole unit so I checked it myself it was the tension pulley bearing.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,158 Posts
It’s a bugger of a job, bearing not cheap either, about $90 a few years ago.

Took it off, down to bearing joint, replaced it, still a same day job easy but I didn’t keep details of part number.

Having said that I’m 95% sure it’s on here somewhere if you’re patient with search.

Also it matters which air con you have, the old sanden type or the newer type, not sure what year they changed.

To be sure it’s better to take bearing out first to ensure you get correct one.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s a bugger of a job, bearing not cheap either, about $90 a few years ago.

Took it off, down to bearing joint, replaced it, still a same day job easy but I didn’t keep details of part number.

Having said that I’m 95% sure it’s on here somewhere if you’re patient with search.

Also it matters which air con you have, the old sanden type or the newer type, not sure what year they changed.

To be sure it’s better to take bearing out first to ensure you get correct one.
i did my gu on the car about 3 years ago it is a bugger but bearing was only $20 & dont need to pay for regas

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the bearing noisy I was told mine was a couple of yrs ago by NB Industries, they give me a price to replace the whole unit so I checked it myself it was the tension pulley bearing.
it is the ac unit

·
Registered
nissan
1,678 Posts
No worries.

Also where's the thanks symbol on here so you can click on it all I can find is share, reply. report when the mouse hovers over it.
For some strange reason all the icons below like the share, reply, like icons etc on my screen have been about 10x bigger and overlapped each other since this site recieved it's new face lift noticed there fine now.

·
Registered
nissangu
92 Posts
I paid about 60 bucks for the bearing and changed it on the car. If you undo the brackets there is enough room to slightly drop and angle the compressor down. This allowed me enough access to change it but it was on the hoist. Not overly hard, just fiddly. Bearing supplied through an ac parts mob through repco

·
Registered
nissan 4.2td patrol
200 Posts
When I replaced my AC bearing a few months back I took some photos, but for some reason cannot find where I saved them. This 1st pic I am 99% sure is the bearing from the AC.

These are some other pics I found with the pic above, but I think that looks like the idler pulley.

Hope this helps ......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts