Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday,i think ive got a faulty bearing in the air con pump/compressor(noisy when engaged),and think because of this ive lost all the gas(nothing works now) so my question is,can these be re-built,or are they a throwaway item,priced a new one from repco,$1200,maybe that came with wheels,tyres etc!

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
What model compressor?????
Sanden SD7 is around $400

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
it will have a name plate on it,

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Let us kno how it goes mine has same problem
Does you aircon light come on anymore when engaging?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just rebuilt the a/c pump on mine, it cost me a hole 47dollars fir the bearing n a mate with press to get the old 1 out

·
Registered
Nissan
201 Posts
In my TD42 the bearing (i think) is very noisy when A/C is cutting in, but OK when not cooling.
The noise is opposite end to the pulley .

The A/C experts !!!! say it may be pressure valve or something else in back plate of compressor
How is it possible to verify this without degassing the system.

·
Registered
Nissan
201 Posts
Ando
Thanks for that, very interesting but I am still of the impression that the noise is Back of compressor not pulley end, will have another look tomorrow.

·
Registered
nissan
35 Posts
Clutch bearing in the compressors is very easy to replace if you can get access to it. This usually means removing the alternator. Unfortunately if its the shaft bearing, you are going to have to remove the refrigerant gas from the system. If the bearing is noisiest when the air-con is off, it is most likely the clutch bearing.

·
Registered
Nissan
201 Posts
The bearing or whatever is noisiest when the air-con is ON, it seems to resonate in the pipe coming into the evaporator coil , real bad.
The evaporator coil (behind the glove box) was replaced about 18 months ago and since regassing the noise is BAD.!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts