Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me where the change/clean air filter light sensor is loacated on a TD42 engine.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
530 Posts
Could someone tell me where the change/clean air filter light sensor is loacated on a TD42 engine.
Don't think there is one, I know some trucks have a little pop up indicator on the filter housing. If the restriction in the filter element becomes too great a yellow line pops up indicating a blocked filter. Cheers.

·
Registered
nissan patrol ute gq
235 Posts
my airbox has one of these air filter indicators, you can buy them from most trucks shops i think if not i got mine from brisbane aircleaner''s in brendale probly about 15bux??? and it tells you when your air filter is truely dead

cheers,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a light in the dash for a air cleaner sensor.
it's in the workshop manual, but it dosen't tell you where the sensor is?
I'm guessing it would be some sort of vacuum switch.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
its on the black steel spout that bolts to the top of the inlet manifold.
its about the size of a walnut with a rubber boot over it and 2 wires.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its on the black steel spout that bolts to the top of the inlet manifold.
its about the size of a walnut with a rubber boot over it and 2 wires.
thanks mike. obviously mines been removed due to turbo set-up & boost being present.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
it could have been refitted between the turbo and the air filter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it could have been refitted between the turbo and the air filter.
na nothing there anymore. found the plug for it, seems strange that the light comes on when i turn the key on then goes out when i start it. must have some sort of timer aswell. I wouldn't mind sourcing one and setting it up

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
IMHO by the time it lights up you have already driven, possibly, thousands of kilometers with a filter that is restricting your airflow/economy/performance. Might be OK as a last resort though.
Check your filter at every 5000 km service, more so if you are driving in dusty conditions. (Pre filters are a great asset in those conditions).
Be very wary of tapping or blowing with air, as this can damage the filter and allow dust to enter.
Cheap insurance to change out if suspect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts