Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone know what a good air/fuel mixture ratio would be for gas research. I am currently getting my GU Dyno'd at the moment and want to know what i should be looking for.

My tuner has advised my that around a 12.0 - 12.5 A/F mixture is good, and another gas mechanic has advised 13.1 A/F.

My Engine Spec -
RB30 Turbo @ 12 PSI - 183.6 rwKw

Cheers, Oz

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Hi All,

Does anyone know what a good air/fuel mixture ratio would be for gas research. I am currently getting my GU Dyno'd at the moment and want to know what i should be looking for.

My tuner has advised my that around a 12.0 - 12.5 A/F mixture is good, and another gas mechanic has advised 13.1 A/F.

My Engine Spec -
RB30 Turbo @ 12 PSI - 183.6 rwKw

Cheers, Oz
It's impossible to say unless you run it up on the dyno as there are too many variables. What ratio you run is directly dependent on the ignition timing map and also how much boost you run which is affected by intercooler efficiency. Unless you have the ability to adjust the spark then you can't aim for a number because the rest of your setup will dictate your result. 13:1 is close to stiochiometric which is what a NA engine would aim for and gives optimal power. But if you can't pull timing it will almost certainly detonate.

Youll simply have to run it up and see what the engine is happy with.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's impossible to say unless you run it up on the dyno as there are too many variables. What ratio you run is directly dependent on the ignition timing map and also how much boost you run which is affected by intercooler efficiency. Unless you have the ability to adjust the spark then you can't aim for a number because the rest of your setup will dictate your result. 13:1 is close to stiochiometric which is what a NA engine would aim for and gives optimal power. But if you can't pull timing it will almost certainly detonate.

Youll simply have to run it up and see what the engine is happy with.
Sounds Good, 13:1 is what i wanted to hear. The timing is not an issue because i have a boost retard dizzy which can be altered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts