Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. Need help on the air horn situation

got a set for chirstmas and just wondering were to put them. i cant think of any places without getting wrecked as i actually use my car for 4x4. the best place i can think of is next to the hyd clutch facing down..

Anyway! suggestions pictures and explanations very welcomed. :coffee:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
if they have a compressor and it doesnt have a breather tube throw it out and get one with a breather :p then you can put them anywhere it wont matter. cheep airhorns last 1 bog hole.

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
roof rack was my first option but will be pretty hard to conceal the hose thats why i wanted to put it in the bumper. somewhere.

air breather u say. the one i have only has one exit from the air comp so i assume thats what u mean...

might just mount them like i said and report back. !

cheers for the info.

·
If you drive a box you get box
1,115 Posts
vertically, behind the grille. face them down

mine lasted most of a winter dunked in mud before they fell to bits

·
Registered
nissan
496 Posts
I put mine inside front of bullbar then directed air hose up into chassis

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7 Posts
Does any one have pictures of their air horn placment?

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Good timing for this. I got a 24V one sitting in a package under the seat in the safari. I was thinking of putting on tomorrow. I still decided where to put it. But facing down would be a good idea, mainly because it is too damn loud. I am thinking that off of the drivers side battery tray might be a good spot.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,006 Posts
I have musical air horns mounted on the passenger side firewall. Dont know it these are the same as the one you are thinking, but there is room there and it is nice and high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts