Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
Ive just changed my filters on my 07 3.0l diesel CRD, all was fine , changed air and oil also cleaned MAF sensor, all was good , the next day I proceeded to change the fuel filter, easy to do, so I thought... did a CRC diesel purge, then change the fuel filter ,hoses back on then primed up ready to go, took a few turn to get it going but it started, went for a drive found it a bit lumpy, slight leaked from the water sensor, fixed that, all was good, UNTIL the next day it wouldn't start, so I re tightened all the fuel pipe clamps, changed the primer(as I thought that was the problem) but it still is not great to start and is very lumpy.

I purchased a osaka filter, could this be the problem, should I go genuine??

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I always use and recommend genuine fuel filters, when changing it is better that you prevent bleed of fuel back to the tank as it is very hard sometimes getting it back up again and making sure you have gotten rid of all the air. prolonged air exposure can do a bit of damage.

·
Registered
Nissan
94 Posts
I had problems with aftermarket in a 09 model, getting air leaks. So bad at one point had to pump the bulb every time to restart. Back to genuine and problem solved.

What's the CRC purge procedure?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
27 Posts
Check out LesDef's post from 2012, "CRD fuel filter changing". He gives very clear instructions that worked well for me.
Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
Nissan 2002 GU TD42 Coil Cab
255 Posts
Don't have your model but the same procedure applies to all filter renewals.
After you have fitted the new filter leave the discharge hose off at this stage.
Using a container to catch spill, pump the primer until you have a full flow of diesel.
Refit the discharge hose, when you now try to pump the primer it should be firm.
Start engine and you'll be away.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Aftermarket filters should be fine. Nissan don't make filters, oil, ect. They just brand it with there name. But people have had issues with new filters causing headaches, not a brand thing just a faulty part.
That is true, but Nissan filters are made to Nissan specifications, many aftermarket ones may not.

·
Registered
209 Posts
changed to $20 boat primer bulb from bcf.
threw the original in the bin.
now primer bulb flows one way, so easy to bleed up. where as the original was both way flow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts