Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Bushranger Black Max compressor that came with the standard concertina hose which I didn't like, so changed to that blue stuff a la Bunnings. Trouble is, it's pretty hard to unroll when its been stored for a while, particularly on a cold morning.

Just aired up at servo and they had this great thin walled grey hose, which was really flexible and a pleasure to use, so just wondered if anyone knows where it would be available, or something similar. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Hoseco have a reasonable selection, don't know if over your way

Home Page

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
The ARB hoses are hard to beat, just get it and swap the ends to suit, i love mine with Nitto ends, coils up neat and runs out flat everytime

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
i run a arb compressor and 5 meter coil line. just my opinion but it seems to be easier to manouver around the vehicle that other lines (had a airbrushing setup in my old van with bigger lines and it was very annoying). i work in a panel shop and f**king around with airlines around a car all day gives me the s#!+s. although i've figured out a method to tame the lines. any ways, what did you not like about the coil line? i do agree that the blue lines are too heavy and have too much of a memory and as you said a nice thin walled airline makes life easier, but how much do you use your onboard air and will a thinner walled line sit around long enought that it too will become a nightmare?

·
Registered
nissan
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions guys, will chase them up. Trav, it might be a personal choice but i've never liked those coil hoses, they just don't feel right. I've been around air hoses most of my life (had a service station) but this grey stuff was something else for flexibility and being in a servo must cop plenty of abuse. I did ask them (7-11 brand) but obviously the staff know nothing about it, maintenance contractors handle all that. I don't use it all that often, but normally reinflate in the morning when the tyres are cool, which is when the softer hose would be nice. Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU 1998 ST 2.8
22 Posts
I work for Pirtek and have dealt with hose and fittings for 20 years. You need a hose that has a high rubber content as opposed to a high plastic content. This will make the hose softer and more flexible to use! The harder plastic type hoses need to be warm to bend . The problem you have is that the rubber hoses will weather quicker and are more prone to uv damage! Try your local pirtek centre and see what they suggest.... I recommend the Ipaf 010 SSA which is a fitted assembly complete with crimped fittings and a free pirtek cap!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts