Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y61
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hei guys !

I want to change the drivers seat, as the current one does not provide any confort at all and my back is sending signals :)....a long journey tends to become a nightmare. So i bought a BMW driver seat (no pictures taken, sorry) and needs some adjustemens to make in order to fit it.

So, after taking out the old sead yesterday, i had to start the car (all the wires in the air) and the Airbag light came on and blinks.

2 questions:

1. How do i turn the damn light off ?
2. If i manage to fit the BMW seat, is there any way i can get rid permanently of the Airbag light ?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
What model is yours and where are your airbags? There is definitely no wires in my old girl, I have had mine out and sent them off to have them re upholstered differently for the same reason.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y61
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Year 2000, 7 seat full options (electric and heated seats). Airbags are located in the steering wheel, dashboard and front seats (sideways).

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
Year 2000, 7 seat full options (electric and heated seats). Airbags are located in the steering wheel, dashboard and front seats (sideways).
I thought yours was the same model as mine, that just threw me, wow, I don't remember airbags being an option in the seats of the 2000 model here, the original had only a DS airbag and mine was the safety pack which had a passenger airbag and ABS....... Hopefully one of our electronics guru's will come on and help, I have no idea how to bypass and airbag control point.

·
Registered
nissan
171 Posts
If it expects to see an airbag, it needs to see any airbag, or at least think one is there. Clearing the error is easy, but without an airbag present, it will just error again.

I think you can fool the system into thinking an airbag is present by putting a 2-3ohm 1/2watt resistor in place of the airbag. But I have not seen this done on a patrol, only other vehicles where they have replaced the steering wheel..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y61
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The airbags are in their places, as i could not fit the BMW seat and gave up....for as long as my back holds. The Airbag red light in the dashboard still remains...how do i shut it off ???

·
Registered
nissan
171 Posts
1) Open the driver's side door.

2) Put the key in the ignition and turn to ON (but don't start the vehicle)

3) Within 7 seconds of turning the key to ON, push the driver's side door switch button at least 5 times.

4) The Air Bag light should go solid...give it at least 7 seconds, and it should begin to blink a 3 second, 2 second on/off pattern.

5) Turn ignition to OFF and remove key.

6) Start vehicle, and wait for the Air Bag light to turn off to verify that it worked.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
The procedure for the gu4 onwards is different (just in case someone searches for this thread in the future).

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y61
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all, the @99GU2.8's method worked, yet thank you all. Too bad you are at the other end of the world, but at the moment i write this here, i am having a beer with my thoughs, karma, zen and feng-shui pointing in your direction guys. Cheers !

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
Thank you all, the @99GU2.8's method worked, yet thank you all. Too bad you are at the other end of the world, but at the moment i write this here, i am having a beer with my thoughs, karma, zen and feng-shui pointing in your direction guys. Cheers !
Cool I'll rename and put this in the DI archives, good info.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The procedure for the gu4 onwards is different (just in case someone searches for this thread in the future).
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I needed to reset my airbag light yesterday after having my seats out and wanted to add the fix for my 2016 GU to help future people out.

When you turn the ignition on without starting the car, airbag light should turn on and be solid for 7 seconds, (system self check) before starting to flash.

to reset/diagnostic mode

1. turn ignition on (without starting), as soon as the self check is over, and before it starts to flash, turn ignition off. This window of time is quite small, watch it like a hawk.
2. wait 3+ seconds
3. Do steps 1 & 2, a Total of Three Times.
4. Wait the 3 seconds again and turn the ignition to ON (without starting).

This should now either be in diagnostic mode, or will have cleared the airbag fault.
After the self check, the light will either go out (code cleared) or will flash in a slower deliberate pattern. (diagnostic). the pattern of the flashing will tell you the airbag that has the fault.

Hope this helps future people out.

·
Registered
07 Black Patrol 3.0 / 04 Grey 3.0 Patrol / 01 3.0 Patrol
1,543 Posts
I have never heard of using a door light switch for airbag reset at least not in the 3.0 model🤔😂
Method I use is..
*Turn on ignition
*Just as check light goes off switch off key.
*Turn back on ignition
*Repeat this 4 times
That's it, airbag is reset

1 - 15 of 15 Posts