Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,403 Posts
Got my 2016 replaced a couple of weeks ago. Took less than an hour from dropoff to ph call to go pick it up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,603 Posts
Just got a letter for the recall, it’s been in once, guess I’ll go down to Nissan tomorrow and get it sorted.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Txt Msg from NissanAust

Dear Chris, your 2004 Nissan PATROL is subject to an URGENT SAFETY RECALL!
The airbag in your Nissan vehicle could kill or seriously injure you. Urgently call Nissan on 1800988334 during business hours or contact a Nissan dealer to arrange for the replaced
www.nissan,com.au/find-a-dealer

After calling the local dealer, I cant get this replaced until 31st March 2019.
I hope it won't kill me prior to then. How can I seek compensation after my faulty air bag has killed me? Hope it lasts for another 3 months before being replaced :)

·
Registered
Nissan
155 Posts
Had the second recall done on the GUs airbags yesterday. Nissan service manager said they have just released another 500,000 VINs for recall haven't checked to see if I'll be back for a third time yet but they said don't rule it out.

Service and entire process was excellent they're going to a big effort to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible given it can be disruptive for some people.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan
155 Posts
Car companies and dealers are caught between a rock and a hard place. The ACCC is leaning heavily on manufacturers to get it done in a short space of time, but dealers are having to manage "difficult" customers who don't really see this as a priority. I'm all for de-registration of vehicles that does not comply. The biggest problem is not the dealers or the car companies, but the actual owners of these cars.
Speaking with a dealer yesterday when dropping the Patrol off to get done. A dealer had issues with a customer who refused replacement multiple times and we're contacted on over 5 separate occasions. Ended up rear ending someone and passed away. Cause of death was determined to be due to the airbag.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Had the second recall done on the GUs airbags yesterday. Nissan service manager said they have just released another 500,000 VINs for recall haven't checked to see if I'll be back for a third time yet but they said don't rule it out.

Service and entire process was excellent they're going to a big effort to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible given it can be disruptive for some people.

Interesting, as I also had my second airbag replaced just before Xmas and was told that this airbag is a completely different brand to the infamous Takata and all will be good to go now.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,637 Posts
Speaking with a dealer yesterday when dropping the Patrol off to get done. A dealer had issues with a customer who refused replacement multiple times and we're contacted on over 5 separate occasions. Ended up rear ending someone and passed away. Cause of death was determined to be due to the airbag.

That's natural selection at it's finest.

I like shiny stuff

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Received an email from Nissan in late November. Left it until the New Year to book in and received a phone call from Nissan 3 days before it was getting done to check if it had been replaced. Process at dealer was very smooth, took just under an hour but onlt about 30 minutes for the actual replacement.

·
Registered
9,501 Posts
OK so last week I got the airbag replaced in my Series 4 GU. But the airbag light has stayed on, they said that it could be because of the steering wheel clock spring to the drivers side bag and to book it in with them.

I got a new steering wheel clock spring for $50 and installed it myself, that was when I noticed that Nissan dealer had left the airbag fuse out when they gave it back to me after them fitting the replacement passenger side bag. After replacing the clock spring, replacing the fuse and reconnecting the battery, the airbag light is now not on steady but is flashing instead, great.

There are no codes related to it on the ECU to clear, so does anyone know how do you reset the airbag light? Battery has been disconnected for 12 hours overnight.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,531 Posts
OK so last week I got the airbag replaced in my Series 4 GU. But the airbag light has stayed on, they said that it could be because of the steering wheel clock spring to the drivers side bag and to book it in with them.

I got a new steering wheel clock spring for $50 and installed it myself, that was when I noticed that Nissan dealer had left the airbag fuse out when they gave it back to me after them fitting the replacement passenger side bag. After replacing the clock spring, replacing the fuse and reconnecting the battery, the airbag light is now not on steady but is flashing instead, great.

There are no codes related to it on the ECU to clear, so does anyone know how do you reset the airbag light? Battery has been disconnected for 12 hours overnight.
Did you push the little black tab down on the yellow connector after reconnecting the airbag? If the tab is not engaged, or it's damaged, the airbag circuit is not connected and this would trigger a light.

·
Registered
9,501 Posts
Did you push the little black tab down on the yellow connector after reconnecting the airbag? If the tab is not engaged, or it's damaged, the airbag circuit is not connected and this would trigger a light.
Thanks, yes I did spot that clip and checked it.

Today I was near Gassed GU's shop so dropped in to say hi. Then thought if anyone knows how to clear it, he will. Sure enough, he took my keys hopped in and turned on off on off five times watching for the airbag light blinks, then started it and "magic". Fixed.

Thanks @GASSED GU you are a legend, first time I have driven with no warning lights on.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Patrol TB48 Pickup
245 Posts
My 2015 Y61 pickup was recalled for the airbag replacement here in Dubai. I know that a mate of mine also had his recalled.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts