Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put airbags or heard of airbags replacing the coil springs in a gq coil sprung ute? I'm wondering if they are worth the expense of $1375. I've looked around and the only company that I've found that have a full kit that actually bolts in is the airbag man.
I tow a small bobcat and I've had the inserts but had trouble with them and dont want to use the insert type again.
Any comments would be appreciated
The other thing that I'm thinking of is a 3inch lift with the bags which airbagman can provide

Kind regards russ

·
Registered
nissan
284 Posts
Hey Russ,

If your always towing a load and unhooking trailers regularly then they would be worth the $1375 (or a bit better ;))

I have 2 friends with them fitted to a GQ and GU, The GU is a 3" lifted tourer with full rack draws, fridge, 3 kids in the one car all with there own swag, so a lot of gear.
Simply adjust the height to suit your load, If unloading or receiving trailers you can back up to them, drop it down and lift the vehicle to receive the hitch ect.

The GQ is a MWB Play car and has been fitted for 6-7 years, never had a problem with the bags, so durability is there also.

Once again to one of my previous posts I don't think the Coil Rite bags from Firestone are up to the tasks you need.

Cheers Troy

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
search the members section for sootygu ashley has them in his rig.

as said also search for firestone on here plenty of people talk bout them and buy direct from USA.. Best time to import from USA at moment... with the $ being so good

not sure how well they would go with that much weight though...

·
Ring In..... for now
nissan
282 Posts
Funny this should come up today, I've been dreaming about them again & last night stumbled across an article in 4wd custom guide No.29 where they follow a guy who installs full airbags into a GU for similar reasons to you

shoot me a pm if you want more info!

·
Registered
nissan
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
airbags

Thanks for the responses Ive actually contacted airbagit in the usa they would have to manufacture a kit to suit the gq which as they said would require welding parts to the chasis etc. The airbag kit is a complete bolt on kit which I think is the go.
I think Im going to order the kit from this guy I cant remember his name but was great to talk to his phone number is 02662915994, he actually researched and designed the kit for airbag mann I believe.
Thanks Russ

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
rusty said:
I think Im going to order the kit from this guy I cant remember his name but was great to talk to his phone number is 02662915994, he actually researched and designed the kit for airbag mann I believe.
Thanks Russ
ABT 4x4 & M&M Custom 4x4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts