Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have started to fit an aircon to my 85 MK, it came off a another vehicle Ric069's of same vintage a same motor and wheelbase. I think both cars were fitted with factory air but the big difference appears to be either the compressor mounting plate bolted to the head or the base that the compressor is bolted to.
I have taken a few "unhappy snaps" of the pulley sitting about 20mm too close to radiator to be in line with the idler and the crankshaft pulley.

Question has anyone noticed different types of plates that bolt to the block? Mine viewed from the front appears to be "S" shaped with the compressor bolting down at the top of the "S" and the alternator bolted to the bottom of the "S".
I could drill out the plates to try and get the pulley to line up (it will mean the back of the compressor will be running very close the the inlet manifold.
I can post the snaps if it will help get a answer!

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
Yeah, post up the photos!

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the pics

From passenger side.

Bolt hole alignment with belt on pulley

·
Registered
833 Posts
Okay i don't know if this will help but you know that you can mount that compressor in two different positions..

The plate that attaches to your compressor is the one that can be bolted in a different position... Those plates all look right mate so i don't know what else it could be...

·
Registered
nissan
145 Posts
Can you turn around the plate that attaches to your compressor back to front.

the compressor on the P40 motor is mounted on the drivers side.

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm I'm confused
Thanks mate I have it in one! your plate the compressor is mounted on is different than mine, note mine has a gusset welded on it and the holes are further right.
Looks like I will have to drill 4 new holes, at least I now know why.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts