Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be transferring an alarm from a wreck into my current car and there are two wires not being used and I was hoping these were the wires for adding central locking..

They are brown and brown and white. Is that a common colour for central locking?? If not how could I work out if they are??

Would using a multimeter and see if the show voltage when I press the button work??

Cheers guys

·
Registered
nissan safari
70 Posts
thats a common colour set up on a cheep alarm for central locking. put a test light on the white & try unlock the alarm or or the brown & try locking it. if it is a good alarm there will be a 3rd wire used as a base normally white & brown and a separate brown for trigger & you will have to ither earth or charge the brown & white to get a signal

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I have done a bit more investigating..

The alarm is an auto watch, I'm pretty sure that is a reputable brand..

I checked the brown and brown/white wire and the both spike separately in both arm and disarm.

So I'm assuming I have the right wires.. Only issue I can see is the spike voltage only seems to go to 0.5v..

Would that be an issue??

Would a central locking kit that comes with remotes still work if I wire it through this alarm??

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
auto watch sucks ass
but yes they r the wires
i think autowatch use neg trigger so u would need to use a central locking control module that comes with the c/locking kit and the alarm triggers that.
unless the auto watch as a biult in locking relay setup. in which case put ur meter between these to wires and oppreate the alarm and c if u get 12v if u do(across these to wires) then u can use the alarm to directly trigger the actuators

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wires are only triggering 0.5v.. I will just use it to trigger the central locking unit not the actual actuators..

Thanks with all your help so far mike, been an awesome help..

As far as auto watch alarms sucking, they more than likely do but for the price, $0 they have to be better than an eBay special of $25???

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
oh yeah mate far better than ebay spec. we use cyclops by dynamco very very reliable. no woz mate happy to help

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it matter what kind of central locking kit I buy??

Will my alarm operate all of them??

·
Registered
nissan safari
70 Posts
yes it douse. nope, you will need to get negative trigger assuming that MIKEGQ was right in saying its negative trigger.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually enjoy learning new stuff so if you can be bothered what's the difference between negative trigger and positive trigger??

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
positive trigger is when the alarm puts out 12v to trigger the centralk locking control module.
negitive trigger is when the alarm unit grounds the wire to the central locking control unit to switch it.

i recon seeing as u have 0.5v id say it is grounding the wire(negative trigger)
as 0.5 wont be enough to switch a positive system

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Central locking kits can be configured to run Negative or Positeve trigger, Usually thruogh a relay

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinking of going for a kit through jaycar.. They advertise them as negative trigger..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts