Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
296 Posts
I like Aldi, but have had bad luck with their electronics. If you do get it, keep a wheel brace also just in case.
Do you already have a family of 18v tools?
It looks a helluva lot like the same battery as my Makita though. Wonder if they're a knock off

·
Registered
Patrol GU 2002
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be keeping a bracker bar also ...
And yes I do own some 18vlt Makita tools 5&6 amp battery s however the impact Wrench is very expensive well the one I like $459 with 1000Nm skin only an another $160 for the battery , the Aldi is $79 +$39 charger and battery comes in around $120 but it has 3 torque setting: 350, 280 and 215Nm bargain.
ps I did get a chance to try the drill very impress with the results.

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
296 Posts
I reckon go for it then.
Yes I saw that makita impact for $459. Quite the unit. Although more powerful than just about any bolt on the patrol I can think of though?

I had a ryobi impact I bought used so I could jump in on my dads charger and 2 batteries he got for his drill. Ended up selling it recently as I wasn’t overly impressed enough with any other of their power tools to commit to being a Ryobi18v guy, so sold that skin for what I paid. Had not invested anything else ryobi so no big deal.

did a bunch of research and decided to go for makita. My corded hammer drill from 12 years ago is going strong.

this impact wrench kit is a bloody bargain. Works out $50 more than skin only for a charger, 5a battery, and a hard case with space for everything + space for another drill skin.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,029 Posts
I will be keeping a bracker bar also ...
And yes I do own some 18vlt Makita tools 5&6 amp battery s however the impact Wrench is very expensive well the one I like $459 with 1000Nm skin only an another $160 for the battery , the Aldi is $79 +$39 charger and battery comes in around $120 but it has 3 torque setting: 350, 280 and 215Nm bargain.
ps I did get a chance to try the drill very impress with the results.
1000Nm measured how? A lot of them these days use the BS marketing term "nut busting torque", which is how much torque would theoretically be delivered under physically impossible conditions.

·
Registered
Patrol GU 2002
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1000Nm measured how? A lot of them these days use the BS marketing term "nut busting torque", which is how much torque would theoretically be delivered under physically impossible conditions.
"Max Fastening Torque 1,000Nm"

Key Features:
  • Brushless Motor, Providing More Power & Longer Run Times
  • 3 Stage Impact Selection, Reduces Both RPM & Fastening Torque
  • Twin LED Joblight
  • Rubber Joint Construction, Suppresses The Transmission Of Vibration To Battery Terminals
  • Max Impact Rate 2,200 IPM
  • Max Fastening Torque 1,000Nm
  • No Load Speed 1,800
  • Shipping Weight 3.6kg

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
I’m no expert, but I have a that makita driver - a while back I tightened up a bullbar-to-chassis bolt with it till it stopped rotating (just hammering). I then got a torque wrench and set it to 100 Nm (testing my memory) and was able to tighten the bolt some more before the wrench clicked.
I will say I have a pretty old 3Ah battery, but I remember being pretty disappointed with my new impact wrench!
I still love it, and am hoping one day when I get a new 5 or 6 Ah battery, the wrench will redeem itself!

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
On the second of three settings, I can grip and hold the deep impact socket without it turning. Maybe the battery needs replacing sooner rather than later.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts