Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1141 - 1154 of 1154 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,304 Posts
Grabbed a couple of camping chairs other week.
First time using them and few riveys snapped after one night.
Llbit disappointed, then.found some still at Aldi exactly the same.

Nothing a couple of bolts cant fix.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
My dad picked one up a few months ago. He showed it to me the other day and I thought I'd give it a go on my patrol. It didn't budge even one of the wheel nuts. I decided not to go buy one myself. Might save for a brand name one, or just continue to use the good old wheel brace!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
They are not meant for cracking and undoing the nuts. 🤔 Should only be used for doing them up and I have one at home that I used on my Patrol when I had it.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,059 Posts
The tyre shop I use have a couple of Milwalke ones.......the only time they use a manual socket is with a tension wrench to make sure all nuts are done up tight enough. They have never had an issue undoing my Patrol's wheel nuts, but the Aldi one wouldn't budge them.

Each to their own I guess but I'm saving for the one that works

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,429 Posts
My dad picked one up a few months ago. He showed it to me the other day and I thought I'd give it a go on my patrol. It didn't budge even one of the wheel nuts. I decided not to go buy one myself. Might save for a brand name one, or just continue to use the good old wheel brace!

I have their battery rattle gun as well. It has no issue with the Patrols wheel nuts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,059 Posts
Trev I think you're thinking of an impact wrench but they are talking about a torque wrench or tension wrench
Ooops my mistake. It was an Aldi impact wrench that I tried out though with a half inch drive

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,837 Posts
What a load of BS! :ROFLMAO:

We do our weekly shop at our local Aldi and pretty much know all the staff.

A. I have an unofficial competition going with them to see if I can pack my stuff back in the trolley quicker than they can scan it. I make up a lot of time with the fresh stuff that doesn't have a bar code and needs to be weighed.

B. I always check who's directly behind me in the que. If they have ~10 items or less, I ask them if they want to go ahead of me. This gives me more time to unload onto the conveyor.

I find shopping at Woolworths / Coles far more stressful especially at the self serve checkouts. I hate it when I do something wrong and have to call someone for help. Talk about a death stare... :oops:

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
Australia? shopping? stressful?

hahahahahahahahahaha.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Seriously do these people have a grasp on living in the real world. If you don't like Aldi's checkout process DON'T SHOP THERE. I love the fact we can get in and out ASAP.

What is it with people who think they have the right to enter into a situation that has existed in that form for a long time then complain and expect it to be changed for them.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,429 Posts
Another Saturday and another suck Skeg into waiting in the que for the specials. They finally brought out a 20v cordless hammer drill. Plenty of other good stuff today too. Hate to guess how much this is gonna cost. Took the commo instead of the GU this morning as i needed to move it first thing to clear driveway. Big mistake. Not a single bag in the car. The GU in the other hand has heaps including also cloth bag. Guess that might limit my spending. We shall see.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1141 - 1154 of 1154 Posts