Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to ask a question, went to look at a GQ TI, 307000 on the clock, $8800. standard but a 2" lift. when I changed the gears on the stubbie lever, the gears crunched a little unless I changed it to D first then went to N to disengage the hubs, then changed to H4 then press down to L4, and reversed the procedure to go back to 2H. My question is is this normal for an auto GQ as I had an auto 4Runner that never done this? and does it sound like a fair price???

Cheers Darrin

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Yeah, its like trying to change into 4x4 in a manual while its in gear, with the clutch half way out. . . . *crunch* because the auto has constant pressure on the driveline when its in 'D' or any other gear.

Auto trolls need to be in 'N' to drop into 4wd without a fuss, also help if you let the car roll a tiny bit as you engage 4x4.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah thanks, other than that it was a good looking truck, also the bloke offered me 27k for mine on the spot!

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah its efi, but that was the thought on it, then he says the ti has to have gov charges on it too. so mine and two Grand he'll swap

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
"so mine and two Grand he'll swap "

Huh? Your GU + Cash for a GQ?

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he will swap, pay my 20k loan off but I need to give him 2k

·