Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Since the new Cruiser has broken cover and the Toy-yota faithful will be lining their kids up on the altar to get one, has anyone seen or heard of our new war machine? The LC300 breaks the magic 300kW mark, so for sure Nissan must go 350 or higher. I was thinking they would use a de-fettled version of the GT-R motor - 3.8, twin turbo V6 and the ability to dial power up to stupid.

My guess is they will strengthen conrods, pistons, crank, etc for longevity rather than out power. 10 speed tranny and it will be a weapon.

Thoughts?

Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
Hey folks,

Since the new Cruiser has broken cover and the Toy-yota faithful will be lining their kids up on the altar to get one, has anyone seen or heard of our new war machine? The LC300 breaks the magic 300kW mark, so for sure Nissan must go 350 or higher. I was thinking they would use a de-fettled version of the GT-R motor - 3.8, twin turbo V6 and the ability to dial power up to stupid.

My guess is they will strengthen conrods, pistons, crank, etc for longevity rather than out power. 10 speed tranny and it will be a weapon.

Thoughts?
Unfortunately all petrol tho馃あ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed, but eventually they will kill our beloved V8's and all fuel fired cars. What a sad day.

Premium Member
nissan
Shouldn't have to be!
Not really much choice about it with the push to get diesel passenger cars to comply with the same emissions rules as petrol cars. The only alternative will be to continually shrink diesel engine capacities and run stupid boost levels to make adequate power. This adversely affects durability. My crystal ball tells me that hybrid petrols will exceed the economy and durability of similar powered diesels so I don't see much incentive for manufacturers to put much development into diesel passenger car engines.

Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
Not really much choice about it with the push to get diesel passenger cars to comply with the same emissions rules as petrol cars. The only alternative will be to continually shrink diesel engine capacities and run stupid boost levels to make adequate power. This adversely affects durability. My crystal ball tells me that hybrid petrols will exceed the economy and durability of similar powered diesels so I don't see much incentive for manufacturers to put much development into diesel passenger car engines.
Doubt it will be as reliable or durable as a diesel. So then all long haul trucks, earthmoving mining equipment will be petrol engines?
Its all those tree hugging greenies that are pushing this ideology. I would have thought that petrol bieng more refined than diesel it kind of balances out the whole emissions greenhouse gases crap. I think its all a load of crap this climate change but thats just me lol

Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
Last I heard, next gen Patrol is going to be hybrid (no idea which PETROL motor, but a V6 would make sense) and a BEV with 4 wheel motors is the end game.

But I think Nissan's current financial position will most likely delay, if not cancel a next-gen Patrol. Hell, the biggest market by far is still the Middle East and they're still selling the 24-year old Y61 alongside Y62 with no signs of slowing down so there's a lot of life left in Y62.

I also saw a report recently (it was on the internet so it must be true) that Toyota is discontinuing the Land Cruiser in the US. With the relatively small price difference between the LC and the Lexus version (LX570...?) there's not much point in having both so the LC300 will be a Lexus only model.

The problem with diesels is particulates, not so much CO and NOx emissions. Diesel technology has reached the end of the line when it comes to particulate emissions, so their days are numbered in passenger cars.

Heavy commercials will always lag passenger cars when it comes to regulations because no matter where in the world you are, trucks are a fundamental building block of any economy. And no matter how "green" the politicians in any country are, they need trucks to keep the economy going. Trucks will never go Petrol. They'll go straight to BEV. MAYBE (and it's a big maybe) via Hydrogen, depending on the appetite for creating a distribution infrastructure.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hydrogen seems to be the go now, Qld is leading this. Agree petrol may not make mainstream haulage. But in the meantime His Highness the King of dope spin and BS, Elon Musk may come down from the clouds and grace us with electric genius.

As much as I hate to say it, I would not mind a V6TT, as long as they don't pipe the farking fake sound through the speakers...honestly. :D

Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
Hydrogen seems to be the go now, Qld is leading this. Agree petrol may not make mainstream haulage. But in the meantime His Highness the King of dope spin and BS, Elon Musk may come down from the clouds and grace us with electric genius.

As much as I hate to say it, I would not mind a V6TT, as long as they don't pipe the farking fake sound through the speakers...honestly. :D
I cant see electric working in a country as vast as Australia maybe europe yes maybe other small states in Australia but cant for the life of me see it working in W.A..

Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
I cant see electric working in a country as vast as Australia maybe europe yes maybe other small states in Australia but cant for the life of me see it working in W.A..
They said the same about bad fuel quality and CRD's...

They said the same about AdBlue...

Four years ago I couldn't drive from Dandenong to Point Cook with an electric car without suffering a severe case of range anxiety. Now you can drive from Melbourne to Sydney without any drama.

Might take a while but it'll get there eventually. At least there's plenty sunshine in WA.

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn

Four years ago I couldn't drive from Dandenong to Point Cook with an electric car without suffering a severe case of range anxiety. Now you can drive from Melbourne to Sydney without any drama.

Might take a while but it'll get there eventually. At least there's plenty sunshine in WA.
Lol, how about the Tanami Track? ;). I've probably only got 5 years left :rolleyes:.

Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb

Not these past few days been wet as hell, we can thank global warming for that tho lol or is it global cooling?馃檭

Premium Member
nissan
Doubt it will be as reliable or durable as a diesel.
They already are. The current generation of diesel engines are already less reliable than the current petrol engines and I'd say durability is about the same. In the days of carby petrol engines it was unheard of getting more than 500Kkm out of a petrol engine unless it was in a taxi but since the advent of electronic multipoint fuel injection the engines are lasting longer than the rest of the car.

Registered
Nissan
Doubt it will be as reliable or durable as a diesel. So then all long haul trucks, earthmoving mining equipment will be petrol engines?
Its all those tree hugging greenies that are pushing this ideology. I would have thought that petrol bieng more refined than diesel it kind of balances out the whole emissions greenhouse gases crap. I think its all a load of crap this climate change but thats just me lol
The Diesel engine powers the world, think shipping alone, mining, and yep earth moving, will they make them hybrids nope not even thinkable. This is BS scam, theres plenty of oil, and emissions dont cause climate change the climate naturally fluxuates. The emmissions form one volcano alone out number all the MV emissions in history and theres always a good number (maybe 20 active volcanoes at any one time on Earth) Like everything todday its all propaganda and noise for political control and to stifle potential, prosperity, independence from government control, and creativity, and destroy all valuable traditions in the process. Welcome to the gay world, they want you sick, morally perverted, without indepencence of means to survive, without choice, locked down, muzzled, and not saying anything politically incoeerct, in other words compliant with their nonsense and morally/financially destitute. It's a very sad joke on us all that the world is being made this way and we don't get a say in it. It's all UN BS that our stupid so called elected traitors have signed us up for.

Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
The Diesel engine powers the world, think shipping alone, mining, and yep earth moving, will they make them hybrids nope not even thinkable. This is BS scam, theres plenty of oil, and emissions dont cause climate change the climate naturally fluxuates. The emmissions form one volcano alone out number all the MV emissions in history and theres always a good number (maybe 20 active volcanoes at any one time on Earth) Like everything todday its all propaganda and noise for political control and to stifle potential, prosperity, independence from government control, and creativity, and destroy all valuable traditions in the process. Welcome to the gay world, they want you sick, morally perverted, without indepencence of means to survive, without choice, locked down, muzzled, and not saying anything politically incoeerct, in other words compliant with their nonsense and morally/financially destitute. It's a very sad joke on us all that the world is being made this way and we don't get a say in it. It's all UN BS that our stupid so called elected traitors have signed us up for.
Couldnt have said it better mate! Well done!
Dont get me started on the gay world either lol.

Registered
Nissan
Couldnt have said it better mate! Well done!
Dont get me started on the gay world either lol.
Yep, haha don't get me started ! I think quite a few of see it for wat it is. Born in 70's grew up in the world that was half real and sane, and I can't help think in those terms today

Premium Member
nissan

I reckon, back in the horse and cart day, they also said the same thing.

I'm with you, passenger electric/hybrid is the future.

Any truth to the rumour the next generation 370Z has a twin turboed 3L V6 pushing north of 300KW?

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
I reckon, back in the horse and cart day, they also said the same thing.

I'm with you, passenger electric/hybrid is the future.

Any truth to the rumour the next generation 370Z has a twin turboed 3L V6 pushing north of 300KW?
Yes I'm with you, passenger electric/hybrid is the future, but that doesn't mean we all need to like it or welcome it. In the meantime there are a lot of things for them to sort out to remain 'green', which is the group manufacturers are mainly targeting, our younger generation is increasingly bombarded with 'alternative facts' on climate change etc.
Diesels will be around in some form for a long time yet.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts