Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Falken wildpeak at3w. Have done 60k on mine still got 9mm tread. Never had a puncture or been bogged with them on varying terrain. Any of the other suggestions are good too but I do love my falkens and won't hesitate to buy them again when they eventually wear out

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm wanting to put a new set of tyres on my Patrol. Currently have BFG All Terrain / TAs (LT 275/65R17) but looking to go to a 285/75/16 All terrain. The BFG's have heaps of tread but are horrendous in the wet and I've lost the back end at low speeds which is a little sketchy especially with kids in the car (think that the tyres are 4-5 years old and the rubber has gone hard). Looking for recommendations for a good AT that won't drone on the road but is capable offroad
I replaced my original tyres with Yokohama geolanders 285/70 R17s. Marginally taller but doesn’t seem to have affected Speedo /gps. Low noise good ride.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
627 Posts
What a can of worms....😅
I can voutch for falken wildpeak at3.
Maxis 751.
Dueller 697.
I've had all these and all performed excellent.
Maxxis 751 were probably the best I've ever had, lasting over 110,000 klm and not at the wear lugs.

Reactions: Yeorgos

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm wanting to put a new set of tyres on my Patrol. Currently have BFG All Terrain / TAs (LT 275/65R17) but looking to go to a 285/75/16 All terrain. The BFG's have heaps of tread but are horrendous in the wet and I've lost the back end at low speeds which is a little sketchy especially with kids in the car (think that the tyres are 4-5 years old and the rubber has gone hard). Looking for recommendations for a good AT that won't drone on the road but is capable offroad
I just put a set of maxxis razr
So many to choose from so to narrow it down out of these options which would be the way to go?
Maxxis Razr AT811
Falken AT3W
BFGoodrich ATKO2
Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015
Bridgestone 697
Toyo A/T
i just put Maxxis Razr 811’s on a month ago haven’t done a lot of ks on them yet.
but seem quiet on road and they have great reviews online for all conditions so we’ll see I guess.
came from 697’s which I got about 90,000 km out of tyre pressure is key for longevity

·
Registered
389 Posts
Another vote for the Toyo AT's (Open Country all terrain II) 31x10.5r15
Also on my 2nd set.
Japanese made quality tyre.
Over 80,000km easy (80% city driving = stop/start/brake/accelerate/repeat.)
Awesome grip wet or dry on blacktop or dirt.
Reasonably quiet with good fuel economy. (about 15% less fuel use than my previous bridgestones)
Personally I don't run mud tyres - I carry chains, and a set of chains grips better in mud or snow than mud tyres.
and if you only do 5% off road driving, then running a set of muddies is as clever as wearing a condom 24/7.

None of the problems of so many other tyres like out of round, balance problems, soft sidewalls, ply seperation, compound chipping, hardening off, cracking, pulling, high rolling resistance.

It's why you go to the trouble of finding decent Japanese made tyres.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts