Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
2001 GU ST TD42t coil cab (gold)
Different brand, same wheel. That's an old photo bucket pic. Need Google Chrome with extension to see. I'll try and get a new one. Haven't investigated where to host yet.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Different brand, same wheel. That's an old photo bucket pic. Need Google Chrome with extension to see. I'll try and get a new one. Haven't investigated where to host yet.
I can see it if others can't then here it is cropped.

Look a bit like the blackout but don't remember them having the bolt pattern on the edge.

20150530_072425_zps6gztkgmo (2).jpg

Registered
2001 GU ST TD42t coil cab (gold)
Thanks Gee. Yes it is a copy of the DC. It's by Versus and has a 1250kg load rating. It's a black version of this.

Registered
Nissan
That's huge weight difference. I would think alloys would be strong enough, if I was doing really remote stuff steel would probably be a better choice, due to availability but good quality alloys should be plenty strong enough. Anyone used allied? I will have a look at roh too
I have had Allied since almost new. I have driven on all sorts of tracks, low pressure etc... I cannot fault them (polished Thunder I think they are), now over 100 000 km. I sure would recommend them.

Registered
nissan
After 60 odd yrs driving. with a LOT of dirt rocks etc in there.
Mag's fine. For the road.
Steelies ONLY.... On the dirt.

They don't chip rims off when they hit things hard, just bent a bit
and the mash hammer sorts them.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
After 60 odd yrs driving. with a LOT of dirt rocks etc in there.
Mag's fine. For the road.
Steelies ONLY.... On the dirt.

They don't chip rims off when they hit things hard, just bent a bit
and the mash hammer sorts them.
I used to think that way but not any longer after making the change some years ago and seeing no negative effects at all, and believe me I do a lot of tracks, wheel placement is a critical part of 4bying and should become second nature to those who do it regularly, going to Alloys did not change how I had driven my 4by's over the 35 years I have been driving them since giving up an earlier sport, I also have a total driving experience of 56 years.

I did actually have a previous 4by from 96 - 2000 (when I bought my Troll that came with steelies) that came with factory alloys and this vehicle did a lot of very rough trackwork including 3/4 of a lap of AU mainly on back roads in 98, specifically in WA. I saw no urgent need to go alloys on my Troll so didn't for around 15 years but then I decided to spruce the old girl up and remembering my previous experience I had no hesitation. The choice of alloys is another important factor, and just as can happen with aftermarket steelies there are some crap examples out there. Sure I've got a couple of scratches on the alloys but they would show up on steelies anyway, but there is no 'damage'.

Registered
Nissan
Thanks Gee. Yes it is a copy of the DC. It's by Versus and has a 1250kg load rating. It's a black version of this.

So you sparked my interest. Only to be disappointed with a 0 offset. Bugger

21 - 28 of 28 Posts