Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Patrol Y61 LWB Auto ZD30 Di
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, i am trying to install a DC to DC charger, can anyone help me identify the D+ command from the alternator? I connected it to the yellow and red cable and it seems to have current permanently.

Hand Glove Finger Rock-climbing equipment Auto part

Many thanks.

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,621 Posts
Nissan doesn't have D+ per see and it is very bad to connect anything to its alternator directly. Euro standard colour coding wiring had you misled as well. That wire is connected to constant B+ via fuse 47. You need wire yelow/black or white/green is for battery light on the dash depends on which model but the that wire is connected to connector marked "L" or pin 3 on the alternator
I do caution you against connecting to that wire directly and which DC/DC charger requires such connection? All the ones I'm aware sense voltage above certain level usually above 13.2V and start charging. There are also voltage sensing relays available on the market which will do the same thing, which are much safer/better solution.
If you still insist then use that connection to trigger a relay which will then supply B+ to your DC/DC charger.
B/R

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Patrol Y61 LWB Auto ZD30 Di
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I ended up giving it a regular ignition signal and it seems to be voltage sensing anyway as it starts up above 13.2v.

It's a chinese one called Oly solar, no mppt on this one but there is one with available as well. So far so good, i'll post my experience after a while using it.

Gas Trunk Auto part Bag Electrical wiring

Font Screenshot Software Multimedia Parallel

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts