1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan safari
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all!

Recently, I am experiencing the following:

1. I have to top off the clutch fluid every 3 days. I find no leaks in the system.
2. My brakes loses vacuum everytime on I step on it, but when refills when released.

What are the causes? Thanks in advance:(

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Do you have a clutch booster? like the brake booster only smaler.. the seal in the back of the clutch master cylender could be dead and leaking back into the booster (theres the fluid) and the fluid in there can kill the booster seals and creat a vacume leak.. so theres not enough vacume for the brakes.

·
Registered
nissan safari
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Outback. Yup the rig's got got clutch booster. Had the clutch master replaced with a repair kit. Before the replacement, I always top off the fluid once every two weeks, then once every week, and now its once every 3 days. Whew! The suspect could be the slave/secondary down there or, worst, will it be the whole clutch?

·
Registered
nissan safari
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Outback. Yup the rig's got got clutch booster. Had the clutch master replaced with a repair kit about 6 months. Before the replacement, I always top off the fluid once every two weeks, then once every week, and now its once every 3 days. Whew! The suspect could be the slave/secondary down there or, worst, will it be the whole clutch?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
149 Posts
Hi Outback. Yup the rig's got got clutch booster. Had the clutch master replaced with a repair kit about 6 months. Before the replacement, I always top off the fluid once every two weeks, then once every week, and now its once every 3 days. Whew! The suspect could be the slave/secondary down there or, worst, will it be the whole clutch?
Check the slave cylinder, you should rebuild both the master and slave at the same time. I had a similar problem with loss of clutch fluid, changed the slave rubber only, now the master is leaking!

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
I'd suspect the slave. I suggest you plug the vacuum hose for the clutch booster off at the Tee near the vacuum pump to find out what circuit it is leaking from. Also, have a look at your vacuum check values to ensure they are working properly.

·
Registered
nissan safari
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the slave cylinder, you should rebuild both the master and slave at the same time. I had a similar problem with loss of clutch fluid, changed the slave rubber only, now the master is leaking!
yup, i think i'll do the slave. topping off the fluid gets frequent at every 3 days. no leaks under so this is'nt a good sign, although shifting has not been affected. thanks!

·
Registered
nissan safari
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd suspect the slave. I suggest you plug the vacuum hose for the clutch booster off at the Tee near the vacuum pump to find out what circuit it is leaking from. Also, have a look at your vacuum check values to ensure they are working properly.
recently replaced the vacuum check valve. suction is good. we'll try your suggestion. thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts