Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the start of my rear bar build. 100 x 150 x 12mm angle 2mtrs @ 19 kg p/m.will be having 27mm holes in the chassis mounting plates for recoveries,twin wheel carriers and a central pintle hook in place of the tow eyelet.

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gunna clear coat it

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
td42 deflector bars done

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
I like that. Clean lines, heavy duty style & no frills. Good weathered effect too haha. No but really I'd paint it grey, grey is in...

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
12MM!!!! wow thats crazy man way overkill

can i ask why??
Us Glasshouse Bogan's are hard core- look at the 3rd pic,even run watercooled headlights hahaha

lol if you could see my rear quarters you would understand.and thats what i found at the scrap yard,2 mtrs at 80 cents a kg = bargain

matches the front bar kinda

had enough of super gluing tail lights back together

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like that. Clean lines, heavy duty style & no frills. Good weathered effect too haha. No but really I'd paint it grey, grey is in...
it has the GQ patina -aka rust finish lol

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
It's exactly what I would expect from you Andrew. And why bother making it pretty, you'll might as well go out and spraypaint some rocks at Glasshouse and save some time and effort.

Reactions: Gasburner

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Murray I have had every intention of making it worthy of appearing at a show & shine lol- just been busy ....for the last 2 1/2 yrs

believe it or not it is finally getting a makeover,got new vx dunnydr seats in it and rust cut from roof last weekend.got a heap of parts waiting to be fitted like speco gauges,oil temp & pressure,water temp,63mm speedo and rev counter and BOOST YEEHAW to go with the charger, fatmat insulation,carbon fibre wrap,
finish the rear bar with twin wheel carriers,led lights and intergrated 3.5 t towbar.roof rack with solar panels/led's
tyres finally stopped spinning of the rims-fitted to GQ trispokes,BLOS gas carby fitted,got a custom boost retard dissy made in Caboolture for the air pump
Its running mighty fine
lovin the detroit rear and 85% reductions
going to run a w2a cooler through the gas convertor and look at water injection.

only few issues to sort out ,stop motor from flexing and destroying fans and shrouds keeping swaybar links up to it and somehow keeping the mud away from the throttlebody-bugger of a thing jambs open on full revs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts