Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got a highflow 2.5" dump pipe with no cat infront of the rest of the stock system on my patrol. When i did this about year ago it was a pretty noticable increase in off the line performance over the stock dump/Cat arrangment.

Im keen to finnish the system off but wondering wether to just finnish it in 2.5 inch and not bothering with going all the way to 3inch since the dumps already 2.5.

Summing up would be mandrel bent 2.5inch system with no cat and 1 muffler. Think it be suitable. Cars already got a chip and manual boost control.

·
Registered
nissan
2,707 Posts
That is what I have auggie and I am very happy with it, it will rev nicely through the rev range and is a great compromise on the noise. If you are one who keeps the revs between 3200 to 4500rpm all the time though, then the 3" would be more suited to that rpm range.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah leaning towars just going 2.5. Revs rarely go past 3 K. Always sit between 1500 and 2500 around town and on the highway and let the torque to the work. When pulling the trailer up a hill just turn OD off sit the revs on 3 Grand and it pulls like a train.

·
Registered
nissan
2,707 Posts
Yeah leaning towars just going 2.5. Revs rarely go past 3 K. Always sit between 1500 and 2500 around town and on the highway and let the torque to the work. When pulling the trailer up a hill just turn OD off sit the revs on 3 Grand and it pulls like a train.
That is perfectly suited to the 2.5" jobbie, install and enjoy :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts