Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

321 - 339 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
206 Posts
Had off cuts of the carpet I used for my draws and false floor where the second seats once were. Could source anymore carpet from clark rubber so had to made do. So from the rear you can see the flaps of carpet, but from where i sit all sweet.

Twin core 6mm run to the roof for the assesories plugs and twin core 4mm for my volt meters.
Then twin core 4mm for my radio.

I just used old scrap stainless to fold U shaped brackets front and rear.
Can get pics if anyone is keen on a look.

But total cost was wait for it........

$18 for screw, glue and staples for the gun. :iconbana::iconbana::iconbana:

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
Does this template suit all gu , i have a 2008 gu 3.0l if so how do i get one
Cheers

I'm sure that the roof line remained constant. The template was done on a 2004 model. No doubt others here can answer your question 100%.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
18 Posts
Hi lost down under, i bought one of your template copys about 18 months ago, and in lifes usual fashion, im now finally getting time to start it.
EDIT:
Pg.3 was the info on mounting it i was looking for.
I have the dx so i have nothing in the front such as a sunglasses holder but i assume if i cut the head lining out i should be able to fit nutserts.
where about did you run you wire for the uhf?

also does anyone else have an issue with LDU's uploaded photos not showing up? or is that just me
Thanks mate.

·
Registered
nissan
90 Posts
Lost Down Under mate just wondering if there is any chance that you could possibly repost your post from page 3 post number 50. So that we can have a look at the way you did your install? I’ve got mine all made up using your template just need to put lights in upholster it and install. Your help is much appreciated

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Sorry for the late reply. I'll be buggered if I can find them. They may be on another hard drive somewhere, so I'll keep looking.
The only pic I have found relating to the mounting is this one.

I used the original mounting holes for the center light, but put some rivnuts into the screw holes, then in the front I removed the whole steel cradle leaving just the roof struts, then put a couple of rivnuts into the remaining strut.
Clear as mud?
I'll post the original pics when I find them, but others here may be able to help with their mounts as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Hi lost down under, i bought one of your template copys about 18 months ago, and in lifes usual fashion, im now finally getting time to start it.
EDIT:
Pg.3 was the info on mounting it i was looking for.
I have the dx so i have nothing in the front such as a sunglasses holder but i assume if i cut the head lining out i should be able to fit nutserts.
where about did you run you wire for the uhf?

also does anyone else have an issue with LDU's uploaded photos not showing up? or is that just me
Thanks mate.

I don't know what happened to the pictures. They were all uploaded through Tinypic, but there's nothing there now.

Yes, you'll have the same roof strut position for the nutserts in the roof under the lining.
I ran my UHF cable up the passenger side A pillar, and the power up the drivers side to keep them separated.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,149 Posts
I don't know what happened to the pictures. They were all uploaded through Tinypic, but there's nothing there now.

Yes, you'll have the same roof strut position for the nutserts in the roof under the lining.
I ran my UHF cable up the passenger side A pillar, and the power up the drivers side to keep them separated.
Do you still have the pics that were in the first post? if so you could email them to me and I can insert them into your original post in an order you tell me, let me know and I'll give you an email address to send them.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Do you still have the pics that were in the first post? if so you could email them to me and I can insert them into your original post in an order you tell me, let me know and I'll give you an email address to send them.

Thank you. I'll have to find them, and then I'll send you a message.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,149 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
18 Posts
Thanks guys, that should be plenty to go off. I've got the cut outs started and a bunch of how I'm doing my internal structure ready so just have to find some time to put it together.

·
Registered
Nissan
18 Posts
Finally Getting around to putting up photos of another finished (ish) roof console! I bought One of LDUs templates years ago. Ive had the console in for a few months and had it in for a trip to the red centre and it did its job perfectly.

I Havent got around to trimming it or finishing it yet. Like how all my projects go :rolleyes: But it serves its purpose! Thanks for doing the templates

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
Finally Getting around to putting up photos of another finished (ish) roof console! I bought One of LDUs templates years ago. Ive had the console in for a few months and had it in for a trip to the red centre and it did its job perfectly.

I Havent got around to trimming it or finishing it yet. Like how all my projects go :rolleyes: But it serves its purpose! Thanks for doing the templates
Can't rush perfection 👍

321 - 339 of 339 Posts