Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
ill informed all right.

but he's spot on.

90% of people on the road with an aftermarket front bar fitted DO NOT NEED ONE.

Get them off the road!!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
"A youth riding without a helmet recently had his tyres deflated by police and was left to walk kilometres to home." I can't see what's wrong with this...

WRT the 200kg bull comment... wtf is the aouthor on about? They're roo bars.

Sure, restrict them in the city... somehow. Maybe 30km speed limit is appropriate!

But what about those feral utes... these never come into the discussion!??!!?!

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
There are rules already in place regarding fishing rod holders
Remove this topic from the argument

Egotistical city dwellers drivin big ass 4x4s dont need big ass bullbars or even big ass 4x4s for city driving
Yep thats a fair statement
BUT , SUVs in general are a large part of new car sales ,if not the largest part

Step outside the city limits and bullbars are mandatory
Why should everybody else be responsible for brainfades that cant look before entering/crossing a roadway
Where does personal responsibilty kik in

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

More journos talking BS. Is not Canberra a capital city ? I hit one driving home peak hour traffic. Going back a few years I think a guy on a motorbike died after hitting a skippy.The running cost of a 4x stops most posers from buying one. They should book idiots that walk in front of traffic without looking. If they walk in front of a bull and get trampled, what next. Ban steak and leather ?

My view B M

·
Registered
402 Posts
If pedestrians looked where there going and stopped walking out infront of vehicles non of the above would happen.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Meh, i see it as a 2 way street...

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Bidgee Man said:
More journos talking BS.
if they throw enough ****, it will eventually stick.
Then when they are banned, they will all have 50% stories with "OUR CAMPAIGN TO HAVE THEM BANNED WORKED" an d"OUTRAGOUS UNFAIR LAW CHANGES ON BULLBARS"
win/win for them. they dont really give a ****.

And which has more chance of ever seeing a roo or doing more damage to a pedistrian?

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
What a load of crap!!! If pedestrians actually looked before they step out in front of me!!!! And bikes.......DONT GET ME STARTED!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I promise I won't drive on the footpath, if you politicians can stop the pedestrians stepping off the curb, without looking.
Ipod listening, iphone texting, ipad typing, gen-x all about me now, i'm in a hurry, you should stop your nasty car, so i can cross wherever I damn please, whenever I damn please pharking [email protected]! Darwin is working overtime to cull out the stupid ones and the bloody do-gooders are trying to save them!
Go figure!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Yep, load of rubbish designed to fire people up.

I do agree with the rod holders bit though, sorry chaps, they need to go.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The article goes on about the rod holders a lot. I thought these things were illegal anyway ?
Maybe its just Vic..

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
I frequent Albury and love how the pedestrian system works on Kiewa St, there are signs saying "Pedestrians give way to vehicles", thats the friggin way it should be, everywhere except designated crossings that council SHOULD provide. I think the onus should be on Councils and Road authorities to ensure adequate spacing of pedestrians from the roads and sufficient crossings.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
What about all the cars that stop beyond the solid white line a lights. Generally across the crossing. I'll walk across the bonnet oof the next car that does that!

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
What about all the cars that stop beyond the solid white line a lights. Generally across the crossing. I'll walk across the bonnet oof the next car that does that!
Haha, pretend to be blind and smash their headlights with a stick ;)

·
Registered
nissan 99gu patrol ute st
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree take the rod holders off if you are not using them, but to go on and say [email protected] like that below in the article is wrong.
The fact is that the only purpose served by most of these bars is to act as an ego extension of the driver.
Obviously, anyone with a big bull bar is an urban-dwelling **** Dundee, able to wrestle a crocodile while filleting a barramundi.
In reality, he is more likely to sport a beer gut and venture no further than the carpark at Broadbeach

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,333 Posts
I can never figure out why people look at me funny when im driving through the city it must be because im driving a Toyota. (joke)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 119 Posts