Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 patrol y60/gq td42 swb
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone!! Have been reading many many threads one here since I bought my first patrol, which is a 1994 swb td42. Thought it was time I joined! Also been after a quick bit of help. The previous owner has fitted a holset turbo, which is way too big!! One half of the twin scroll has been blocked to help spool, but it must be restriction flow at higher rpm and increasing emp. I'd like to change the turbo for tdo5. Was just wondering if anyone could grab a rough measurement from roughly the middle of the turbo input flange to the vband face? As my current setup is external wastegate and 3" dump pipe, I want to work out if the current pipe will be roughly in the right place for a tdo5. Thanka to everyone for any replies and all the help this forum has already been. Cheers

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,177 Posts
Welcome to our forum, can't supply a measurement but I'm sure someone with that turbo will.

·
Registered
1994 patrol y60/gq td42 swb
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. No worries, hopefully some one can give me a rough measurement. Hoping it will be somewhere near the same as the holset, but I don't think so by looking at the pictures. Not a huge problem if I have to re work the exhaust, just means more time off the road and a flange and dump pipe I reckon. Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts