Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 ST GU7
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow motor vehicle enthusiasts

My name is chris. I am a carpenters apprentice in melbourne aus. I've wanted to get a patrol for a long time now and ive finally got one!

Up untill now ive had a subaru hatch back thats served me well, carting me and my tools all over aus from wa to north qld on camping trips and work. Even getting me through offroad tracks that i really should have scouted first.

Unfortunately for me thats the extent of my off road and 4wd experience, so im hoping the forums and members here will help me get up to speed on things i need to know.

So ill keep reading through the forums and if i cant find the answer im looking for ill try to form a coherent question and post it for all to judge.

And hopefully not too long from now ill be able to contribute back into this pool of knowledge

Cheers

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,931 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome to our forum, first up, which Patrol did you buy, year/engine/transmission? Post up a pic and tell us a bit about it and we will try to point you in the right direction mate.

·
Registered
2010 ST GU7
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Chris, welcome to our forum, first up, which Patrol did you buy, year/engine/transmission? Post up a pic and tell us a bit about it and we will try to point you in the right direction mate.

Cheers mate. Its a 2010 st gu7 auto my10

Theres been a few aftermarket additions.

Old man emu shocks - not sure on how much lift it was given

Vdo gauge - not sure if its reading auto oil or what its actually reading - hasnt gone above 60 and stays around 40 - 50 on the few small drives ive done in it

Scan guage II - not working only showing backlight on screen

Bull Bar

fog lamps up front and a spotlight on the spare tire - havent found the switch for them yet

snorkel

Winch

second battery - havent checked the specs yet

Uhf radio

tenkonsha brake control unit

a bunch of wiring and extra 12v sockets running to the back. havent tested any of them yet

these usb ports in the center console, i think are just hooked up to the spare battery to charge things with. last number i saw it register on the display was 14.0 - is that the amount of volts its receiving?
thumbnail_20200523_124419.jpg

i haven't sussed out if theres been anything modified in the engine like chips or anything yet. i feel like i really need a day off so i can go over it top to bottom.
ive got probably the obvious concerns about the condition of the auto trans and maf as well as a few other things. i reckon the previous owners might have been an older couple towing a caravan around aus for while, because everything appears in good condition and taken care of plus the racv pre purchase check didn't show up anything that would make me think its done any serious off road.

Thats all i can think of at the moment
only had it a day but im stoked to get into it
any and all advice is definitely appreciated

cheers

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,308 Posts
We have quite a few Victorian members on here, if you give a location of where you live, maybe one of the experienced members could go through some of your questions with you and explain some of your mysteries.
Welcome.

·
Registered
2010 ST GU7
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live out at Pascoe Vale victoria. that would be unreal if someone could help me out, would gladly trade a few beers for a chat and a gander

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,931 Posts
I live out at Pascoe Vale victoria. that would be unreal if someone could help me out, would gladly trade a few beers for a chat and a gander
In the meantime have a look in the DI archives, NADS tweaks were designed for the old grenade, however the mods themselves benefit the CRD as well so worth a look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts