Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got around to putting OZI on my cheapie chinaviaion Ddin unit, stuck it on the card, pointed the unit to it, works a treat, except I can't change the date and time, not a biggie, however what I need is some topo maps for Mt Mee area, going for a run up that way Saturday for the day, (weather bureau is probably lying through their teeth again), would be a good tryout for the unit. Anybody got any maps for OZI for Mt Mee forrestry roads they can email me?

Can see some DVD Hema maps in my future.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Hiya allananicol...

Been running Ozi on my "Chinavasion" since day 1 as that was one of the main reasons I bought it... that and the fact I have a gazillion hijacked MP3 files to listen too and also blutooth.

Works well, altho I did have one proggy crash and had to reload Ozi on the SD card to get it working again. I have IGo8 and Ozi on the same 4 Gig card and all works OK.

Can't help you with any QLD forestry maps tho but interested to hear what you think of the Unit

The only "bad" point is it does take longer to process changes if you are doing "course up" nav but no bigee and no solution due to the small RAM I spose... I also run OZI on a 10 inch netbook if I am really out there anyway.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,678 Posts
finally got around to putting OZI on my cheapie chinaviaion Ddin unit, stuck it on the card, pointed the unit to it, works a treat, except I can't change the date and time, not a biggie, however what I need is some topo maps for Mt Mee area, going for a run up that way Saturday for the day, (weather bureau is probably lying through their teeth again), would be a good tryout for the unit. Anybody got any maps for OZI for Mt Mee forrestry roads they can email me?

Can see some DVD Hema maps in my future.
PM sent

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evil, very happy with mine, took a bit to get it right, spent a lot of time on austech forum, that was a great help, had to send it back and get a replacement, thats another story of frustration, all on austech. Running same software as you. never got into OZI before, but stuck it on the card and plugged it in and Voila, there it was no issues except I cant change the time or date. might have a look at the OZI manual. Got the Aldi netbook thing going too, but going to reformat that with Win7 home P instead of poxy vista, runs much better with that, and will reload ozi and igo8 on the netbook. Using a Bluetooth GPS, that runs fine.

The only issue I have with the chinavision is the capacator whine through the audio as one of them charges, must be a crook joint or bad earth in there somewhere, will get around to pulling it out and checking them out, will install a small cooling fan at the same time.

Phyrebug thanks for that.

Skull, thanks also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts