Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a call and was suss (Indian type voices), so I hung up, then looked up Microsoft to find the bellow:

Microsoft Support – Warning on phone scam

Microsoft would like to warn Australians to be wary of phone scams. Microsoft does not cold call customers in regards to malfunctioning PCS or viruses and we advise Australians to simply hang up if you receive a call of this nature and not to respond to any communications from these scammers. Click here to find out more.

WTF.

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
yea been a few people on here have had that one.. even made the news with some old dear handing them everything they needed to clean her out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yea i had this last weeka dn i led them on for about 20mins and they kept saying insert this password and we can fix your computer and in the end i told them i knew it was a scam and told them to clear off in a very vocal way.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
976 Posts
If you know its scammers on the line, just say "can you hang on while i turn the TV down" and then put the phone done near the TV without hanging up. It keeps them on the line for a while so they can't be scamming others.

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
at last I finally got the call!!

I've felt left out for SO long!

7/11 thought he had me ****ed too.. I was crying and all..
I read out my credit card # (the first one I googled for)

then put my 6yr old onto the phone for him cause I was too distraught :) :) :) .... I prompted her to start talking laugh then say she uses an apple computer. She was very sad when he hung up...

funniest 15mins of my week!

·
Registered
nissan gq
701 Posts
Have had that twice first time the wife answered and went with it for a while before hanging up on them.Second time i answered and twigged what is was and gave them a full serve the end result they hung up on me.:confused:

·
Registered
Nissan
342 Posts
at last I finally got the call!!

I've felt left out for SO long!

7/11 thought he had me ****ed too.. I was crying and all..
I read out my credit card # (the first one I googled for)

then put my 6yr old onto the phone for him cause I was too distraught :) :) :) .... I prompted her to start talking laugh then say she uses an apple computer. She was very sad when he hung up...

funniest 15mins of my week!
LOLLLL

i sooo want to try this.

Awaiting call :D

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,855 Posts
Mum had this ans said she wasn't sure. Could they call back later when (I) was around. They did call back. I asked for his employee number - he gave e one. I asked for a name - he gave me one. I asked for a number so i could call back later... he hung up...

So many scammers out there now.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,855 Posts
they're starting up again, got one tonight, the missus hung up before I got to have fun with them though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have a scammer trying to get my CBR via the old Paypal scam at the moment. I was going to set up a new bank account, wait for the money & withdraw as cash but I cant be assed with the other stuff when he puts in the claim against the credit card.

It would be interesting to see how it would pan out though......

·
Registered
nissan
270 Posts
Dad gets a lot of calls (not so much anymore as everyone has neccesarry numbers stored in mobile phone, and never uses the phone book) as we are last in the phone book. And with a last name Begginning with ZY, you can understand why! Well anyways, instead of getting all riled up at these idiots who have nothing better to do with their time, he just calmy chats too them about how he hasn't had someone call him in a while, and how he does know he's last cause he has a phone book as well! Several guys have hung up in tears!!!

I no technically not a scam, but fits in with the wasting their time etc...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.