Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this email last night. Another bloody scam!!!
How are you and your family? I'm quite sure all is well. I'm really sorry I didn't inform you about my urgent trip to the UK for a Seminar. I have been here for three days now. Actually I want to share something confidential about my staying here with you. I really want it confidential between us because I don’t want my family members or other friends to know about this, as it may get them worried. Last night, I was attacked on my way to the hotel I lodged, although I wasn't hurt and I'm very fine but my mobile phone and my wallet were stolen. My Cards and some other vital documents were inside my wallet. I alerted the card company immediately to block my cards. I also went to our Consulate embassy here to report the case and to book another flight ticket against next week.

Right now, I’m left with nothing. Please I want you to lend me a sum of £1600 pounds or any amount you can afford. I will refund you with interest upon my arrival back home. Let me know if you would be able to help me with the money or any amount you can afford. I cannot actually receive money via my bank account here now but you can always use the western union money transfer service. The western union money transfer service is available in any banks or you can simply search for the nearest outlet/office on their website [www.westernunion.com]. All you need to make the transfer into my western union account is my name and the present country I'm now. My details below will be needed while filling the western union form.

Name: Leah Deighton
Address: 1 Princes St Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh EH2 2EQ, United Kingdom.

After the transfer, you will have to scan a copy of the receipt to me or simply email me the money transfer control number [MTCN] on the receipt. Please get back to me via my email as soon as you can. I will also need your phone number so that i can give you a call with the public phones.

Many thanks in advance.

-leah

Cheers Gordo'

·
Registered
419 Posts
My sis in-law had this happen to her, she had a few friends and family think it was legit being all worried. Nobody got to the point of actually sending any $$ though.

Too many people just don't have an automatic BS filter when reading emails.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
pfft do people actually fall for that?
How heartless!
This poor guys in trouble and we must help him.
Imagine being alone, without a phone or money and surounded by Scottish people!
All the women look like Susan Boyle FFS!

Have a heart!

:D:D

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
I'd reply with the simple line.

"I can help you if you let me know the persons name who you talked to in the Australain Embassy".

Also, hit them up for their particulars eg, Mothers full name & Maiden name as well the fathers full name as well as their date of births and where they were born, just say its for the Australain embassy & they require these details.

They wont return again.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
no... you scan the web for a western union transfer reciept, photochop it , then email the copy of said reciept, tell them not to worry as the money should be there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts