Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After owning my patrol for about 12 months and lurking around this forum for a few more than that, it has come time to formally join the Patrol 4x4 community
Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Plant

And here she is. A November 2000 build ZD30 GU 1 Patrol.
She is a little ripper and has treated me very will until the injector pump decided to give up the ghost. The old girl is now sporting a brand new injector pump courtesy of diesel central rockhampton (highly recommend) and a top end rebuild courtesy of yours truly.

Besides some shiny new motor bits she is equipped with some of the following mods.
-305/70r16 Cooper AT's on Neg 22 (I think) ROH Steelies
-XTM 270 Awning
-Titan rear drawers
-Dual battery setup
-Uniden UHF
-Saas dual digital boost and egt gauge.
-HPD maf housing
-K&N Air Filter
-3inch exhaust with cat
-Tillix system (Recently removed for upcoming remap)
If anyone knows of someone who is in need of a full tillix system i am happy to pass it onto a good home

But wait,
There is more planned in the coming weeks...such as a
-Welded intercooler
-Forefront industries hard intercooler lines
-Upgraded intake pipe
-BAET ECU Remap

and some cheeky suspension mods in the coming months
Which I have no doubt will find their way onto this very Forum

Until next time,
RED484

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know yes. Forgot to take any photos but when the head was off the pistons and bore were in surprising good condition for a 380xxxkm motor. No pitting on the bore and minimal marking on the pistons.

·
Registered
1985 SD33Ti MK LWB Wagon
552 Posts
As far as I know yes. Forgot to take any photos but when the head was off the pistons and bore were in surprising good condition for a 380xxxkm motor. No pitting on the bore and minimal marking on the pistons.
Very nice, from what I know most of the early early ZD's have been replaced by later blocks so cool to see some still going. Have you got gauges for it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it is pretty cool. It has definitely had some head work before I pulled it apart so there is a chance the block isn't original but I'm not 100% either way.

Currently got a boost and egt gauge on it and an ECUtalk.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,774 Posts
Welcome mate, looks like a good setup. Yes bottom end on these things is solid as. I have an Sept 2000 GUII, so she has just turned 22.
Very nice, from what I know most of the early early ZD's have been replaced by later blocks so cool to see some still going. Have you got gauges for it?
The reason for that was piston squirters were improved on post 2003 blocks so improved piston longevity, that is why my block was changed when it grenaded in 2006, 2 pistons had holes in them but bores and bearings were like new.

·
Registered
2011 crd wagon
95 Posts
hi . i think you will need to put the dawes back in for the remap . the remap and the vacsol can't raise the boost above standard and the remappers adjust , or require you to adjust the dawes to acheive this .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts