Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

i have pulled my head off the ZD30 due to the fact that number two cylinder got water in it.
on removel of the head i found a small hair line crack about 20mm from the injector hole on the exhaust value side of number two cylinder i think this is where water was coming from.
i have all so found cracks from glow plug hole across into exhaust value seat on ever cylinder.
is this normal for a ZD30 to get water in side the cylinder?

I have also found my turbo to have alot of shaft play,i can see marks where the fins have been hitting the housing lightly.
I am after help should i buy a new one,rebuild mine or find and good second hand one.(if there is any good ones).

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
just re-build her
do you have the NADS? if not get them as part of what ever you decide to do
what year GU?
my new turbo still had play out of the box.. but turbo tollerances are so fine. just get it checked befor you runn off and get a new one--$1,550.00

·
Registered
nissan
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just re-build her
do you have the NADS? if not get them as part of what ever you decide to do
what year GU?
my new turbo still had play out of the box.. but turbo tollerances are so fine. just get it checked befor you runn off and get a new one--$1,550.00
Yes the car has NADS fitted. It is a 2002.
do you on of any one rebuilding there turbo with one of the eBay kits.

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
Yes the car has NADS fitted. It is a 2002.
do you on of any one rebuilding there turbo with one of the eBay kits.
no mate-- i think the debate (regarding rebuild kits for turbo v's new turbo) as to wheter you can...? if you should...? are they rebuildable? is very mixed. some say yes others including me say No, i didnt wont risk it. I went to jpc my engine tuners for years and turbo experts and he advised me to go get a new one... didnt buy from him so he had nothing to gain... sorry mate this ones really about what risks you are prepared or not prepared to take.

·
Registered
nissan
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no mate-- i think the debate (regarding rebuild kits for turbo v's new turbo) as to wheter you can...? if you should...? are they rebuildable? is very mixed. some say yes others including me say No, i didnt wont risk it. I went to jpc my engine tuners for years and turbo experts and he advised me to go get a new one... didnt buy from him so he had nothing to gain... sorry mate this ones really about what risks you are prepared or not prepared to take.
Thanks I think I will get a new one don't want any more trouble just yet,removing the head was a job in itself. Have you seen the turbos in Brisbane for $880? Or should I stay away from them.

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Good call on the new turbo. How did the water get in there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts