Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I've read all the threads & checked replaced just about everything now, suction control valve, filters, etc, etc. Blocked the banjo bolt on the rail. Checked map & maf for function, checked injectors for leakage. Starts very easily & runs like a dream up to 2300 rpm in 3rd , & 4th but after those rpms will start to splutter & continue with the rpms & she cuts out. Will rev over 3000 in 1st & second on the flat. Fault code is for a automatic transmission fault DERRR!!! it's manual. Recommended diesel guy who's very good is scratching his head too & although he hasn't physically seen it as yet. So can anyone recommend a ZD30 wizard as I really need him at this point. I'm in lower NSW.

·
Registered
2010 GU DX CRD Grenade :)
526 Posts
I guess you haven't got access to any form of scan tool? Even one of those generic Bluetooth elm327 ones would be OK. Or an ecu talk setup?

Has this issue come on all of a sudden, or has it slowly been getting worse?

I'd be looking at ecu inputs from various sensors to see what's going on. It would be interesting to see what the maf rate and rail pressure are doing when it happens.

Can you give us any more detail? Have you changed filters, both air and fuel recently? Probably a bit hard to see, but is the intake pipe between the airbox and turbo collapsing under high load? (you may be able to see marks if it is squeezing itself closed). Do you have a snorkel fitted and is there anything stuck in there restricting flow?

I'd possibly even try blowing the fuel feed line from the tank out with compressed air to make sure there isn't something stuck in the pickup in the tank blocking off fuel supply under high load. Also wouldn't hurt to make sure none of the fuel lines have been pinched anywhere between the tank and filter.

Do you have any extra gauges fitted, egt and boost? If you do, what are they doing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey B, yes have a scan guage2 & it fault codes for a auto trans fault... kines manual so not much use there. Has been the same since I owned it around 5 months. You can drive it around fine just don't rev over 2300 up a hill.

·
Registered
2010 GU DX CRD Grenade :)
526 Posts
Can you check engine data with that, rpm, fuel pressure, etc or only fault codes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts