Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just snapped my antenna mast on a tree and am in the need of a replacement..

I've got a 2005 GUIV, does anyone know firsthand if the Aerpro AP272 will fit, on the box I looked at in the shop only Patrols till 2000 were listed, but I have found an online reference to it also fitting up to 2004

Is it worth giving it a shot ($60) or should I be getting in touch with Nizzbitz ???

PS. before I get flamed, I have used the search but I couldn't find any references for my age patrol.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
Hi Rob

I would PM Nizzbits and also send a e-mail off to him at his website Nizzbits - NIZZBITS P/L
I have the same model as you but cant help with the question that you have mate as I have not snapped mine yet.

Cheers

Wayne

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Almost positive the 272 fits... I actually got a Nissan genuine one for around the same price when I asked for "trade" as a Clubbie so didn't get a 272 in the end.

Seeing as how it's busted off... why not 'spit' the old one out and have a look at the rope and you will soon know.

All you need to do is undo the lock nut on the top of the guard and power the radio and it will spit the old one out... fitting the replacement is the reverse. Takes all of a few minutes

·
Registered
892 Posts
If its just the mast its not that expensive from Nissan, Even easy to replace!
If its broken inside .......scary stuff.

The quater panel on 2005 is different shape to earlier but not by much, I refitted whole assembly from 2002 model into my 2005 and had to reuse plastic trim piece off 2005 to make it fit
JR

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
I bought a aftermarket Aerpro one and it didnt fit, just get genuine, at leats it come with the wear bushing

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
i just got a replacement mast from superjunk when mine broke , they didnt have a listing for the patrol but i took in my old one and found a close (very) match and it works fine

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
I replaced my snapped factory one for an Aerpro on my GQ. It fitted fine and worked well for about a year (has electric trim height control to raise and lower)
Stopped working a few days ago. I think the new "zipper" in the mast has broke.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It still seams a little bit hit and miss whether or not the AP252 will fit an 05 properly, so for the sake of a couple of extra $$$ Nizzbits has a genuine one in the post heading my direction.. Atleast this way i know it'll fir properly

Cheers for all the replys

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
64 Posts
has anyone got any tips on what to do when you remove the mast and there's only 3 inches of plastic rope hanging out the bottom of the mast?

looks like the rope has broken, but many attempts at turning the head unit on and off have failed to coax the power antenna unit to spit out the remaining section of plastic rope. FYI the motor still operates.

before i pull the guard off and pull apart the antenna motor, can anyone advise if they have managed to salvage a unit from such a predicament??

FYI a genuine nissan rope replacement is about $90 and a complete new power antenna unit $450 odd, i just asked nizzbits only the other day

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts
theres no easy way, u need to remove your inner guard, remove full system and open it up and make sure u get EVERYTHING out of it, i think i explained that in one of the two links i posted before..

·
Registered
nissan patrol
11 Posts
Thanks WRX198,

That link explained a lot!!
When i bought my Patrol it had a broken mast and one of the sale agreements was for them to replace it.....
So it came with a new mast, but couldn't work out wat the noise was every time i turned the engine off. Never new it had a electric antenna...
Problem is it's a 3 hour drive to that dealer!! So i got on the phone and they are sending me a replacement (hope they read this forum to).
With your help i should be able to fix this.

Cheers Alan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts