Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well you might think "nerok why are you posting at such a late hour?", well ive just scared off some c-unit trying to steal my pos parts car off the front lawn :angryfir: dont think i will be sleeping for a while

anyway, good news, no damage and car is still in the same spot. good thing i applied some immobilisation to the car. i left the doors open (no smashed windows or locks) and took the coil lead off, so their cranking was in vein. and the steering wheel is not in either so dont know what they were trying to achieve :driving:the headlights were left on when they legged it though, but meh.

so yer, many small deterrents all add-up and might help save your MQ too.

·
I'll blow your house down!
1,319 Posts
what about a brown snake in a box labelled "high value"? that should see they dont
come back again?;)

thieving Bas$£%ds!!!!

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,620 Posts
Dont park it on the front lawn !!!
Oh living in the burbs hey

Must have been re intelligent theives hey,no steering wheel
How would they steer it ???:doh:

I know 1 mate grips his teeth and the steering shaft and his mate does the driving from behind:bananada:

See should had those diffs out,then see how they go

·
Registered
nissan
154 Posts
Is it a national sport over there to steal MK/MQ's??
Its the second one within a month from a forum member.

Did you check if they didn't leave you a spare steeringwheel they needed to try and steel your troll?:driving:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How would they steer it ???:doh:
ive just been out for a re-inspection in the daylight. it has an aftarmarket wheel in it, so i took the wheel off the boss but i left the little bolts on the floor. 1 of the little bolts has been put back in lmao :ahah:

now that im properly awake, i realise they tried to steal it for 40 minutes lol. something woke me up at 12:50, but occasionally i have these dodgy sleep walk dreams and wake up in my cupboard or something lol and i woke up not in my bed so figured it must be one of them dreams but i swear i heard the engine turning over, so i peaked out the window for 5 minutes and didnt see anything so gave up and lay back down. then at 1:30 i heard a thud and peaked out the window and the lights were on so i legged it out the back for the breaker bar then out the front but they were already off down the street.

but just went to look in the engine bay now, and the bonnets closed. i left it open yesterday because the cable is dodge, so im guessing they spent 20+minutes in the car snooping around for a kill switch and then put the lights on and went into the engine bay trying to suss it out. then the thud i heard must of been the bonnet closing. dumbasses lol.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well just pulled the engine, 2hours 20min, my best effort yet. im thinking park it back on the lawn but pointing the other way so it looks like its been driven. then hook the starter motor up so if they try to start it, it will sound like they are cranking it, but i will be getting max lols :D

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,620 Posts
Just drop a little 8 HP briggs and straton in the engine bay
I wanna see em get it mobil

To think 15 years ago i used to leave my keys in an unlocked car out on the road,leave the house doors unlocked and leave the front rola door open all nite

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,528 Posts
hahaha i had the same happen to the vl turbo i done up.i just got it back from the spray shop all assembled but no stero or motor.any way i whent out there the following morning and some lil swine had busted the lock out the door and tried to hot wire it lol.would have felt like a twit when he lifted the bonnet hahahaha

·
Registered
nissan patrol
648 Posts
Wire up a couple of air horns INSIDE the truck and connect them to the starter on a relay so they stay on.

Their heartbeat wouldn't get below 200 for a couple of hours.
A couple of hidden camera's inside the car and outside would make for some interesting footage the cops may ( or may not) be interested in would be good too.

Buahaha Gold, max lols hahahaha There's always a funny side isn't there:D

·
Registered
nissan
132 Posts
All this talk of patrols getting stolen has got me worried, whats the easiest way to hook up a kill switch on a diesel? i know on a petrol u just run a wire from the coil from the negative from memory to earth with a switch. Obviously a diesel doesnt have a coil but is there something similar which is just as easy and effective which can be done? Im to povo for insurance at the moment, so now im paranoid.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
648 Posts
unless you cut power to the fuel pump control motor, half the people round wouldn't know that you have to power that up to get it to fuel

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,620 Posts
On a petrol they run an electric fuel pump,
Just run a switch in the fuel pump power supply
On either run a switch in the main harness
Use a bit of imagination
Not really the place to advertise anti theft devices

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.