Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some problems with my forklift and need some info.
It seems like the brakes are locked on and the trans is in its no drive mode when this happens, but there not locked on. It still roles.
What I want to know is, is there a connection to the trans from the brake line. It seems thatwhen you put your foot on the brake it stops the trans from driving just before you stop.

Hope this makes sense.

Shane.

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
Handbrake isn't sticking on
Is it intermittent. Or just won't move at all. Can you feel the engine load up when you put it into forward or reverse?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its intermittent,at first I thought the trans was slipping but if you wait a few seconds maybe 5/10 then it slowly engages. when It does engage its as strong as in the drive sense.

My feeling is the line lock on the brake line (machanical) is only letting the brakes of slightly.

Thats why I was thinking there must be some kind of link to the trans.
The other thing that makes me think its brake related is the peddle is sometimes very high and others hardly any at all.
but does not pump up, so no air in line.

Shane.

·
Registered
nissan
199 Posts
witch brake pedal you using? as most forks have 2 one of them only uses the brakes the other cuts drive then brakes the second letting you keep it in gear and rev it up to lift the mast etc

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My forklift only has one peddle. Its a clark (old one ) cy50 I think.

Shane.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gas, but I have been serching the web for hours and I think I may have come across the problem.
there is something on the trans called an inching vale and are prone to breaking the spring inside.
I will look at this tomorrow.
If someone knows what Im on about, do you need this valve and can it be by pasted?

Shane.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is a clarke.

Shane.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,090 Posts
Follow the brake line from the master cylinder, it should go up to the hand brake, then down through the clutch, then down to the brake assmbally.

What they have is a clutch brake and when the pedal is applied it disingauges the clutch, then applies the brakes.

It sounds like the slave cylinder is sticking, or your clutch is worn and the return spring cant pull it back far/hard enough.

The best thing (aka the easiest) to do is, by-pass the brake lines from the clutch system and bolt the clutch on fully, the brakes will still stop it from moving, it just meens you'll have to take it out of gear when you need to rev it to go up.

Put up pic of it and if its the same as mine i'll post some pics of what ive done.

Cheers, chicken

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks chichen, mine has a line lock in the brake line for hand brake. I will take the front cover off tomorrow and take some photos.
I have had problems with the brake master cylinder before, it seems to have a mine of its own.
Some times the brakes are locked on and others not. Have adjusted the brake rod into master cylinder when they lock on but then you can get on and have no brakes at all.
Do you know what and where this inching valve is?

Shane.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts