Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Id like to buy a 3" exhaust for my CRD to keep egt temperatures down, so I assume I will need to block the egr and install a boost control (dawes valve) to control boost spikes.. Are there any workshops in Rocky that would be able to handle this that are trustworthy?

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
Ask them at The 4wd Repair Shop in Glenmore Rd. Yes, their thing is more to do with Landies, as thats what the previous owner Graham was right into, but thats where I take mine for its services.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,710 Posts
Ask them at The 4wd Repair Shop in Glenmore Rd. Yes, their thing is more to do with Landies, as thats what the previous owner Graham was right into, but thats where I take mine for its services.
I also agree their service is very good, Any mechanic that has enough patients to work on Landrovers has to be good.

Dan I dont realy think there is a reason to worry about EGTs on the CRD as I believe they start to limit power when pushed too hard to protect against high EGTs. I proved this with mine on the dyno.

·
Registered
Nissan
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also agree their service is very good, Any mechanic that has enough patients to work on Landrovers has to be good.

Dan I dont realy think there is a reason to worry about EGTs on the CRD as I believe they start to limit power when pushed too hard to protect against high EGTs. I proved this with mine on the dyno.
Thanks for that Voids.. yeah my egt's are anywhere from 300-500degrees around town and when I towed a 2 tonne camper it got into the 600's a few times. Planning a trip to Vic in a few weeks and thought maybe I should get an exhaust to lower the temps.. Do you have a EGT on your CRD Voids? and you say you had yours on the dyno, do you have a chip? and what dyno was it on? did it make a difference getting it tuned?

Cheers mate
Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts