Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Patrol Ute DX | CRD | 3" exhaust | Twin Locked
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

So I got a tillix kit as part of my GU ute purchase and looked at the pictorial diagram which seems to indicate fitting is fairly easy. However, there aren't a lot of information about how to finetune the boost and spool rate so I was wondering whether there are any tillix experts I could go to in Sydney?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
535 Posts
The only mob I know of that really knows modified patrols is Blue Flame auto in the northern beaches
Having said that, setting up the tillix is actually really easy once you get your head around it. Worth doing yourself so that you can diagnose and fix any future dramas that pop up. A loose vacuum hose for instance is a disaster, but if you have a basic understanding of the system you'll have it sorted and on your way in 2 minutes.

For a basic setup:
Follow the instructions to get it installed. Set the tillix roughly somewhere in the middle. Set the spool needle so your turbo actuator is at the top of it's stroke.
Go for a test drive and see what max boost is when pushing it. If you're not remapped then 18 should do fine.
If you hit limp mode, loosen off the spool needle 1/2 or even 1/4 of a turn and see if you hit limp again.
Once you've got your max boost controlled by the tillix, and a spool rate that doesn't cause limp mode, you're good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts