Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
Some items are ebay items, and sell well. Some are Facebook (insert your location) buy swap sell items. Some are car sales /trading post/Gumtree items, and some are tip items.

On ebay, do a search for cars similar to yours. Then find the box that says completed listing's, or sold listing's. This will show you which ones actually sold.

Unless you have a popular car worth a lot, I wouldn't risk selling low in an auction. A low 99c start price attracts lots of watchers, but you need to be prepared to honour the highest bid, even if lower than you would normally let it go for.

The other way to sell would be to put a ridiculous high start price, (it will feature in the overpriced patrols thread!) and explain your real price in the listing.

Another way is to pretend you are selling a set of tyres for thousands, that come with a free patrol.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
You have a lot of control on eBay. Don't use it though if your gauging the value of something. Its good for flogging junk or a cheap way to keep something advertised until the right buyer comes along.

I've sold a couple of cars on there but only crash and bash sh*t boxes I got a couple of hundred for each.

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P4trol, i dont have a Patrol dude, i sold it a while back.
Its a hard call because a close friend said
" you cant sell a car blind, you just gotta put it out there!"

Bekahhhh nahh cars not in the gumtree league.
I have a private listing on carsales where the interested party
Has to diclose their full name and no, and the carsales network
Protects my privacy. Verifys them for me.
With ebay, i can find out who bidders are, and have some control.
Its an option in the "advance search options" but you can only find out
A bidders particullars "if" they bid abd buy your item and have an existing
Transaction with them

I dunno????

And then theres Shannons Auctions too, but they want $550.00 upfront then 11% commission on the sale farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Is it a hornycorn?

What is it at least? It's not a mini is it or a hot pink hyundi with as a gt strip

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
Your replies LJ suggest this isn't an ordinary hairdressers car, maybe something more special.

As for not revealing your 'for sale' item, you're after exposure aren't you? (it reminds me of the people on fb that announce they have a car to sell, and bump it every hour, but won't put the price up.

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your replies LJ suggest this isn't an ordinary hairdressers car, maybe something more special.

As for not revealing your 'for sale' item, you're after exposure aren't you? (it reminds me of the people on fb that announce they have a car to sell, and bump it every hour, but won't put the price up.
You obviously didnt read the openning post did you?

you think this thread is a ploy to publicly announce the sale of one of my cars...
Fuk thats laughable !!!

Poor baby didnt find out what im selling,
Boooo hooooo
Goodluck with your fkbook annalogies ******

·
Registered
Nissan
500 Posts
Nothing lost by throwing it up on ebay. It all helps I guess.
I'm a little old school with things like this I suppose. It's definitely not the first place I would look to purchase a vehicle.......or the second come to think of it.

P4trol's post regarding ebay and checking completed listings of similar types of vehicles will at least let you know what the market is prepared to pay..(in this format anyways)
Only problem being if it's too unique this data may not exist.

Same old story at the end of the day. If you can afford to wait for the buyer that will meet your price all it takes is a bit of patience....if not....bend over.

May be worthwhile pulling it out of any advertising for a little while if it's been on for months. Give it a holiday so to speak. People may think something's wrong with it etc, etc if left to stagnate too long.

Anyways, I wish you luck.

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
I haven't had any luck selling cars on eBay. I've had people bid up high then a few minutes before the end of the listing they retract all their bids with stupid reasons like "I entered the wrong number" (yeah right, five times in a row lol).

In fact, I don't think I've ever successfully sold a car on eBay. Gumtree gets me spammers texting 24/7. Carsales are good but I have had a car advertised that they took my money for the advertisement but never listed the car.

Best luck I've ever had is by people actually seeing the car while I'm driving around.

·
Registered
nissan
1,335 Posts
When it comes to cars, bikes, boats and caravans I only advertise on carsales, bikesales etc.

Just find eBay and gumtree attract dikheads, only useful for junky stuff imo.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,568 Posts
Hi LJ!

You are aware their are car brokers aren't you? These guys opporate in the top end of the market that marry purchasers with exclusive opportunities for sale that the general public aren't aware of.

My father had connections as far back as 10 years ago! I can ask him if he still has contacts and if so maybe pass their details on to you to contact!

If this comes to past and his contacts are still in the business as I said I'm happy to hook you up. However will not take responsibility for the final outcome! Nothing personal just the way it is!

Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
I've had the best luck with dedicated forums like this one. Gives you a specific audience and people can read your build thread and you don't get the silly questions. Sold my last two cars that way and got what I wanted. Maybe jump on a forum specifically for your boat/car/goat and have a go. It's also FREE!!

Here this will get you started:
http://www.aussiegoatforum.org
http://www.goattalk.com/forum/

1 - 20 of 42 Posts