Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a crack at Crossfit for the first time last night......I've always thought I was pretty fit, but Crossfit kinda deflated my ego a bit lol. There's something about watching a chick half your size doing twice as many pull ups that puts you in your place!

Did something called 'Cindy', which is basically 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats, then repeat and get as many as you can in 20 minutes......I won't humiliate myself by saying how many I achieved......or didn't achieve!

Anyone else do Crossfit? Seems like a fantastic way to keep fit, much different to the gym though.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Just be careful with Crossfit, so many 'activities' they do are not the most effective way of doing things. Lots of injuries from mis-information on how to do things.

Otherwise, I do stuff like crossfit.

Hot tip, don't miss leg day ;)

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
True, but classes are very good for those that lack motivation to be active by themselves. I did group training sessions for 2 years and I'm only just training by myself and with the local obstacle racing club now.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Just be careful with Crossfit, so many 'activities' they do are not the most effective way of doing things. Lots of injuries from mis-information on how to do things.

Otherwise, I do stuff like crossfit.
Agreed , I also train similar to crossfit & tough mudder

·
Registered
nissan
354 Posts
The CEO and founder of crossfit is fat and doesn't do crossfit. To me its like a fat dietition telling people how to eat healthy.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Give it a crack. Its tough if you've not done anything like it, but if you enjoy challenging yourself, it can be a fun day. I've been doing a few similar type events recently and will be getting on the Spartan bandwagon come next year.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
They're called Crossfitters, not athletes

Reactions: SuperHoon

·
Registered
nissan
429 Posts
They're called Crossfitters, not athletes
ask one, i'm sure they will disagree ;)

i just watched some of the efforts on the rowing machines, i would have been murdered by my coach if i ever rowed like that :nono:

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
I would have had a broken back or dislocated shoulder or elbow how some of them do their weight training.

You're not one of those types that wear Five Fingers are you? ;)

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
OMFG less than a minute in and a chick ****ed her wrist hahahahahaaha. I'm going to bed on that note.

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lots of Crossfit haters....have to say that I like it, and combined with gym and yoga it's doing me good.

·
Registered
nissan
354 Posts
As much as my dislike of crossfit, I still have respect for someone doing crossfit, as opposed to someone who lives a sedentary lifestyle, sits around on their arse drinking and smoking and such.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,098 Posts
Agreed , I also train similar to crossfit & tough mudder
You could make ya own Tough Mudder course out at Tara, Waz.;)

Foo

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
You could make ya own Tough Mudder course out at Tara, Waz.;)

Foo
:) We go out there to relax and switch off

1 - 19 of 19 Posts