Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,099 Posts
I Play the Harmonica.
Here's a short clip of me when on holiday in Perth. I liked the acoustics in this arcade I was in so the missus took a vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftXy_JpeBjw
That is awesome, thanks for posting. I'm a musical retard but I'm trying to get my son into the harmonica. He loves walking around the house playing.
Any suggestions on what sort to buy him. The one he has now is just a cheap **** thing.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I used to play bass in a metal band.

And I screamed/growled and sang too ...

I find it emotionally hard to pick it up again though so it all collects dust.

My daughter will play whatever instrument she likes. We have guitars, drums, didges etc all lying around waiting for her to pay attention to...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
425 Posts
Saxomaphone, piano accordion and dabble in guitar. Own three saxes and still pull them out for a honk. The piano accordion was my fathers and is irreplaceable.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is awesome, thanks for posting. I'm a musical retard but I'm trying to get my son into the harmonica. He loves walking around the house playing.
Any suggestions on what sort to buy him. The one he has now is just a cheap **** thing.
I found the Lee Oskar Harmonicas to be a really good starting point. $50 from most music shops and they have a plastic comb so they are easy to look after. Get him a key of C to start with and if he wants to play with someone on guitar get him an A.

Reactions: GUEY

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Anyone here, or know anyone who is, in a hard rock heavy type band? Must be unsigned. After music for featuring on dvd productions. Hard to find suitable unsigned bands.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
That was a cool video.

I dabbled with guitar for a long time but I found it more a constant battle than any kind of pleasure.

Very little natural ability.

I admire anyone that can play an instrument.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Just an aside about the word 'instrument,'

I had a mate who was a musician, played the violin and other stringed instruments.

One night at the pub a woman came up to him and invited him to a party. She said: 'Will you bring your instrument?'

He replied: 'Certainly, I take my instrument everywhere I go,'

She wasn't bad-looking either, it amused me.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,538 Posts
Piano then moved to guitar, but that was a long time ago and other things came to take precedence over music, it's something I reflect on occasionally and wish I had persevered with. I never learned to read music I could just pick up the tune as I went.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,442 Posts
I new a girl who played a mean 1 eyed Piccolo.:naughty:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
551 Posts
I can play the Spoons, Monkey Stick and beer box.

I also play the fool after drinking beer from beer box.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,230 Posts
I was forced to play instruments when I was a kid. I haven't picked up a proper one in 10 years. I did play, piano, guitar, oboe, flute, trumpet and now I just stick to the Jew's Harp

·
Registered
nissan
2,863 Posts
I play guitar. Electric mostly, bit of a metal head, but also punk.
The guitar in my avatar is drop B tuning for some Slipknot and Tremonti.
Another is Drop C for Breaking Benjamin, Papa Roach and Ill Nino
My 7string is standard tune for Trivium, Metallica and whatever else tickles my fancy

I occasionally branch out and try some blues, and acoustic.
I've got a harmonica (cheapie) which I tinker with but my dog looks at me funny when I do lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts