Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys

having some discussions with turbo mobs here in Perth including UFI. I am wanting to fit a bb type turbo GT2554, also considering a GT2854 and need to know if anyone has done this to their 2.8. Have searched around here and did find some info but not much. Can anyone provide some real world experience on how it went after the being fitted. Thanks appreciate any opinion.

·
Registered
nissan
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So lack of response indicates no one has done it. Got an interesting email from a supplier who is well known and was told reliability and longevity are questionable. So I will just fit a factory variant from Garret. I just wanted a faster spool but won't risk my new engine. I did find some info on GUs being fitted with a GT2554 but no GQs. So will just play it safe. Not worth the worry me thinks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had a GT25 on my 2.8td GQ and it was very good , I had the standard .48 hot and cold housings on it and it performed very well combined with a huge front mount cooler which just fitted between the head lights extra fuel and about 12psi + 3" exhaust
It was a ripper for a 2.8 but pity about the head gaskets .

·
Registered
nissan
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha ha only laughing because guess what I just changed. Ended up being worse with only a full rebuild being the answer. I would love to upgrade the turbo but just a bit worried about trashing my new motor. Appreciate the reply though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts