·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why would you... drop it off at radius fab and get a quality job for an extra 500 bucks ? 2.5 inch hot side , 3 inch cold if u have a plenum otherwise 2.5 inch both sides
I live In VIC, so fair drive just to get some pipes made up! Lol.

Just looking if someone sold a complete front mount kit, radius, or fatz. For the GUIV with narrow radiator.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Bigger intercooler. Less pipe work. Has anyone actually done any testing with front mount vs top mount on the same vehicle ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thinking front mount , so I get more room under bonnet, to fit the fatz airbox, dual battery, catch can, and piranah shower & air compressor. Without the hassle of a large intercooler also.

I figure if it's front mount I only have to worry about squeezing in 2 pipes.

And age old battle top vs front mount, top is prone to heat sink, have to fit fans, they may fail over time. and run a bigger scoop on bonnet than factory. Etc etc. But the Fitting of a front mount might cause the engine to run warmer etc etc.

I guess there's no perfect answer. But top mount definitely seems to be the easier path.

·
Registered
nissan
762 Posts
go a front mount but I think there's better value in piecing a kit together yourself and getting a boily to weld it or by just dropping it off somewhere ..

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
And age old battle top vs front mount, top is prone to heat sink, have to fit fans, they may fail over time. and run a bigger scoop on bonnet than factory. Etc etc. But the Fitting of a front mount might cause the engine to run warmer etc etc.

It's the age old battle of myth being converted into fact by word of mouth. I've tried both and a quality tmic crapped over a Chinese fmic. It's been debated in a lot if threads which are worth a read.

·
Registered
Nissan
38 Posts
I know this thread is a few months old now, but which direction did you end up going? Results?

I've been considering the hpd front mount vs diy/ shop job + a td05 when $ permit or I have too many beers with a credit card within reach.

·
Registered
nissan
130 Posts
I ended up with a big front mount and a front entry inlet manifold with 100mm tapering down to 50mm lift.

Pretty happy with it

·
Registered
nissan
48 Posts
Any pics of your front mount install and ducting? In particular I'm curious about the routing into the manifold past the p/s pump. I have a GUIII that I'm contemplating doing the same too. Also did the hot side ducting have to go through the wheel arch?

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts