Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy gang,
just wondering if any of you wogs have had your house's windows tinted??

If so, can I get an indication what it roughly costs,
ive been told its cheaper than say having a car done in comparison...

+ did you notice a big difference in temps in ya house..

thanks biatches !!:eyepoke:

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,676 Posts
My house is tinted. Can't tell you how much as my brother did it for me.
Makes a huge difference in temps.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,676 Posts
Solar tint nate. Not very dark but it is reflective. Worth every cent. You couldn't sit in my lounge room in the afternoon during summer. Its nice and cool now.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Its not too hard to do yourself. Ive done it in my old house and doesnt require any special tools. I was surprised how easy it is. A roll on ebay is about $100-300 depending on quality. The trick to butting up the film is to overlap it then cut straight down the overlap and pull out the excess. Perfect joins everytime. Oh and a super sharp razor.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
I wasn't the one that installed it on our house, but it does have it and I think I'd certainly do it on any future house. Keeps it cool and in an estate, the one way tint adds a lot of privacy

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,018 Posts
Nah, we just have a few of those tree things sprouting up all around the place.
They seem to work. Kinda.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Our place is tinted. Probs makes a diff in summer. But sucks in winter.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Yep..had it done when the house was built. Used film on the windows but not on the doors as it would scratch and look shyt. Much cooler, private and stops furniture from getting hammered by the sun.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
If you decide to do it yourself the main thing is to give windows and seals a really good clean so do t get dirt caught up. Can get safety film too which can take bit longer to dry.
It's easier to do than the new pathfinder as need to break the inside door handles to get door trims off.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,293 Posts
A year or two after moving into this place I did the window tint and 2 whirly birds, together they made 5c difference in my place up here on the Sunny Coast, I have floor to ceiling windows around the living room facing East and North,

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,271 Posts
Cheap sunglasses, same effect, and more money to spend on stang.;)

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,289 Posts
Get the chit that reduces the sound as well as the heat. :idea:

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Double glazing might be what you're thinking of Foo.
Meant to be great for stopping heat transfer (Heater has to work less in Winter, aircon works better in Summer) as well as the sound thing. Prolly what Mic would want to get, since the tinting would stop the Winter sun having any benefit at all.

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
Nissan
102 Posts
Not quite what your looking for, but will add in case anyone else searches the subject -

We have Veridian ComfortPlus Grey 40 glass on all N, E & W facing windows. Can't say it's made a difference because it was a new build and have no 'before' (except standard 20yo glass, which is really poor in terms of heat retention/reflection) to compare to, but the heat reflection is significant and easily helps meet the required energy efficiency rating for new buildings. It's double laminated (not double glazed), 6.4mm thick and is tinted enough that you can't quite see in during the day. http://www.viridianglass.com/Products/comfortplus/default.aspx?ProductType=GlassTrade

Hope that helps!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts