Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just woke the ol girl up and she's grumpy this morning and played me a song Ive never heard before along with a rough idle.

--------->http://vid135.photobucket.com/albums/q128/allan077/VID_20140726_083404_909.mp4

The more dominant soungd at around the mid 40 second mark is noise from the airlfpw from the engine fan, we can disregard it, its the tinny sound I hear to the naked ear.:) sounds like a bearing to me.

Went for a spin to drop the girls off at dancing, its up to temp now and quieter, but there along with a now and then rough idle at several traffic lights. If I "throttle" to just above idle 800 'ish RPM, it goes away.

Im about to take off the heatshield and Turbo piping and have a look see, seems to be Turbo area :cheers:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,202 Posts
Well from the comfort of my chair in front of the laptop it sounds like a leak at the turbo flange into the dump pipe, it could also be from the pipe that feeds the EGR. I hope you have that Heat Shield trimmed nicely.... you are already a member of the heat shield lacerations club aren't you?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha yeh mate Im member #5 from memory and yes it went on a diet after I took it off to fit the 3 inch zorst, so it will fall off basically:)

The roughish idle has me thrown, but if its a leak well that may explain it. Ive had a coffee and 8 ciggys so I best get to it:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts