Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to put a 3 inch suspension lift in my GU and i'm wanting to know is there anyone here running the Konni adjustable shocks and are the worth the extra dollars?

Cheers Mick.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
yes and yes

but you will get 2309230498 opinions.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
73 Posts
Mick, depends on what you want from your shocks.

I wanted to retain the good ride qualities of the standard suspension for general touring but was prepared to pay a premium for reliability,especially on corrugated roads. I searched this forum and Exploroz and found only 1 person dissatisfied with Konis.[From memory they had 82s on a GU, and on this forum.] In contrast was the repeated horror stories of every other brand I looked at.

It's too early for me to comment on reliability in mine, but certainly ride quality is as good as standard in every situation I've encountered. Yet to get to sustained corrugations, but I'm confident, and to me that means my money was well spent.

Graeme.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies fellas.

I pretty much want to keep the factory ride as well Graeme. Did you get the 90s or the 82s?

Cheers Mick.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
73 Posts
I've got 88s Mick, heavier duty than 82s but not as heavy duty [or expensive] as the 90s. Where are you? If you're in Sydney or nearby I can give you the name of the supplier who gave me a very good price.
Graeme.

·
Registered
nissan
975 Posts
I run the 82's on mine and have been very happy with them. Can't really see any value in paying more for 88's or 90's unless you spend a lot of time on corrugated roads.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got 88s Mick, heavier duty than 82s but not as heavy duty [or expensive] as the 90s. Where are you? If you're in Sydney or nearby I can give you the name of the supplier who gave me a very good price.
Graeme.
I'm in Newcastle mate so a supplier in Sydney would be awesome.

Cheers Mick.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
73 Posts
PM sent.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
if your after 90's get them from the UK.
Landed they are $700 cheaper than here.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll get a price on both but i'll probably only end up getting the 88s mate.

Cheers Mick.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Happy with my 88's. These are the 4th set of shocks I've had on the Patrol since new including the OEM ones. Would have to say they are the best brand I've had on Patrol so far. They provide a very comfortable, controlled ride for my Patrol with the big backside :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts