Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
I managed to shoot 6 fallow this time. All in very good condition. A bit of snow around and very cold and windy.

Attachments

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,486 Posts
Guys i was cleaning the shed on the farm today and came across these really weird ammo, did abit of research tonight https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_BB,
My question @45/70 @grumpyone or anyone else will these fire through a 22lr? They are not very powerful round (my air rifle is harder hitting) but i think it will be alot of fun to shoot them😃

·
Registered
nissan
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Should be fine, just make sure you clean the chamber before shooting longs again. The carbon can cause the longer brass to get stuck.

·
Registered
nissan gq
3,126 Posts
Guys i was cleaning the shed on the farm today and came across these really weird ammo, did abit of research tonight https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_BB,
My question @45/70 @grumpyone or anyone else will these fire through a 22lr? They are not very powerful round (my air rifle is harder hitting) but i think it will be alot of fun to shoot them😃
I've tried those in the past,[rats] but shot is more effective,the ones with a ball are BB Caps and the pointed projectiles are CB Caps,conical ball,no powder load just the priming compound drives them with a trajectory like a brick.I haven't measured any over a chronograph,but I dare to say 300 - 350 F/S would be max velocity.After you are done always push a patch through the bore to make sure it is clear.I just looked up Wiki,says 700f/s,that in my opinion is verrry optomistic,but I was wrong once before 🤣

·
Registered
nissan
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Well it was bloody cold on the weekend.
Minus 12 on the dash of the hilux.
I shot 2 deer friday arvo. Didnt do any morning hunts as I figured why get frozen when I already have enough vennison for the weekend.
Sat arvo hunt we saw quite a few deer in the bush high up, the teatree and wattle was quite thick so could only catch glimpses as they ran off.
The guys went spotlighting but didnt see any deer either of the two nights.
Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Car
Sky Ecoregion Tent Tree Mountain
Flash photography Automotive design Automotive exterior Net Entertainment
Leg Plant Art Grass Landscape

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Here is a pic of the ice inside the canopy when I got up for a pee, my water bottle froze beside me.
Cloud Water Automotive lighting Sky Triangle

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
6,265 Posts
Just read about an NZ Tahr hunt. It was cold in their camp. They had to pour hot water in their boots to defrost them, and warm the rifle actions up over the stove to be able to open them.

·
Registered
nissan gq
3,126 Posts
Well it was bloody cold on the weekend.
Minus 12 on the dash of the hilux.
I shot 2 deer friday arvo. Didnt do any morning hunts as I figured why get frozen when I already have enough vennison for the weekend.
Sat arvo hunt we saw quite a few deer in the bush high up, the teatree and wattle was quite thick so could only catch glimpses as they ran off.
The guys went spotlighting but didnt see any deer either of the two nights. View attachment 544392 View attachment 544393 View attachment 544394 View attachment 544395
Good to see you aren't afflicted by the 'murrican hit 'em in the boiler room meat wasting trend.I guess they can only hit the biggest bit.

·
Registered
nissan
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
I have had an order in for 900 rounds of osa blitzking for the 223. It has been about 5 months so I called up and asked what was happening with the order. Was told all orders are cancelled as there wont be any more comingin. I might have to go the game king instead.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts