Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done for the last 20 years. Nothing too detailed, just a record of events and peoples names mostly. Also purchases and sales...for instance 'Sold the friggin boat at last - $3000.'

When I was 18 I kept a diary for a whole year. I was a student at the time and had a Roll-Top desk in my room...spent a lot of time at the desk and at the end of the day jotted down my activities. Decades later it makes interesting reading. Mostly it covers my early romantic history...who I was rooting and how often etc.

I only kept that diary for a year. It became a drag. Forgot about it for years. Got married.
House, mortgage, kids and a hard job - the full catastrophe.

Only later in life did I find the time to keep the much abbreviated version I do now.
Most of us don't have the time or interest to diarise, BUT we do have the time to go onto forums like this and write screeds of stuff. I sometimes think I should have kept copies of my frequently brilliant and informative offerings. Pretty easy to file copies on a separate hard drive, and voila: an instant diary!

Just imagine if one were ever to become famous...what a resource it would be for future generations.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
I do to, its called Facebook

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
I keep a day book when at work, every significant event or name or number gets recorded. Makes s*** a whole lot easier when one of my colleagues f***s up and the problem lands on my desk.

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
I have facebook but i refuse to be one of those ******s who tweets the wall with mindnumbing information about what i am feeling, what i am drinking, what i am doing or anything else similar.

i have however considered blogging my bowel movements with picture evidence - as i am not a day regular and regularly eat things which give me the burny-squirts with large pockets of wind i think it could make for some interesting blogs.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Yep! a fishing diary, weather, wind direction, currents, tides, times and species caught, invaluable.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,790 Posts
Same as geeyoutoo, fishing only, spots, tides, weather, baits, lures and fish caught on each etc. At work I keep, as a matter of law, a diary that includes full daily handover notes to my night man. All other diary's are for spotty 15 year old girls with a Hasselhoff fixation (showing my age there) and blondes....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts