Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
nissan
498 Posts
saw that this morning, freaking terrifying! He held his **** together well though in the interview straight after

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about young Julian Wilson, a very selfless act to try and get there ASAP and put himself in harms way, he was even more emotional than Fanning after the event.

Seeing that footage puts a lot of things into perspective, I did a bit of spearfishing in the 60's and it was a chance encounter with a small shark in murky waters off Woolongong that frightened the s*** out of me, made me give it away and pursue motor racing, something where I had control :).

·
Registered
33,169 Posts
Yeah I posted it earlier this morning in the WTF thread..
Mate it was only a dolphin or large mullet... hahaaha :rolleyes::)

Lucky boy indeed... It'll take him sometime to get over that encounter....

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
For the amount of whites over there attacks are very rare compaired too australia...

Throw a aussie in the water and presto they want it, are great whites racist?

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
I like how the commentators react vey weird.
It would be reasonably easy to remove most of the sharks from the area to make it a bit safer.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
699 Posts
Hes a lucky boy. Best form of defense is attack!

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,662 Posts
Saw that this morning. He is a lucky bastard.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,227 Posts
He is a very lucky boy... Wonder if he will get back into the water again? I'm sure he could afford to throw it away and just live of sponsorship deals and commercials etc.

·
Registered
nissan
388 Posts
If that was me I'd be taking up a new sport! Too bloody close.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Up here on the Sunny Coast they have just recently started diving with the whales, we have our fair share of sharks up here, I've seen many when outside fishing and we know they follow the whales up the coast waiting for the young or elderly to die, so all the people who take part in the dive must wear an ankle bracelet shark repelling device that isn't bulky at all . If these things work so good, why don't people like professional surfers etc wear them.

I know there are a lot of myths about repellents but, when the whale diving thing started up here the company made a big deal of how effective they were.

Who's a shark repellent expert? surely we must have one, we have experts in just about all other fields ;).

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
an ankle bracelet emitting a electric field,... Stopping a 6 m beast ... Lol's

All i see are $$$$$$$$$
That is a natural reaction and mine too, but if you are running a business (the diving with whales business), that depends on that business having a good safety record there just might be something in it with recent developments, I don't know hence asking for some educated opinions.

Here is one such device discussed:

Could this gadget prevent fatal shark attacks? Ankle-worn device gives off electrical 'punches' to scare off predators | Daily Mail Online

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
For the amount of whites over there attacks are very rare compaired too australia...

Throw a aussie in the water and presto they want it, are great whites racist?
they reckon it was a bull

great whites charge in and bite on the move and then come back once they establish how much damage is there

bulls go in for an exploratory and then follow through

they reckon if it was a white he would have been smashed at first pass

1 - 20 of 48 Posts